Showing results 1-40 of 173
Fri, December 26th, 2014
- The Only Marvel Constant is Change, from Avengers NOW! To "Ms. Marvel"
Axel Alonso takes stock of the Marvel releases that had an impact in 2014, including "Ms. Marvel," "Death of Wolverine" and the female "Thor."
Fri, December 19th, 2014
- Spider-Woman's Practical New Costume and the Accessibility of "Secret Wars"
Axel Alonso talks Spider-Woman's new outfit, why "Secret Wars" was the right choice for Free Comic Book Day and the fallout of the Sony leaks.
Fri, December 12th, 2014
- Wilson Goes Marvel Exclusive, One Million "Star Wars" #1s
Axel Alonso returns from an editorial retreat to discuss G. Willow Wilson signing exclusively with Marvel, "Star Wars" sales & "AXIS" revelations.
Fri, December 5th, 2014
- Saving "Storm" and Taking "Howard the Duck" Seriously
Axel Alonso returns to talk the new "Howard the Duck" series, the #SaveStorm campaign, "Ultron Forever," "Star Wars," "Preacher" on TV and more.
Fri, November 28th, 2014
- Quesada Gives Thanks for New "Miracleman" Stories
Joe Quesada turns Axel-in-Charge into Cup O'Joe to discuss the upcoming "All-New Miracleman Annual" and Marvel's ambitious upcoming film slate.
Fri, November 21st, 2014
- CM Punk at Marvel, Waid & Samnee Wrapping Up "Daredevil"
Axel Alonso talks the major news coming out of Marvel's February 2015's solicitations, plus "Spider-Woman" and "Superior Iron Man."
Fri, November 14th, 2014
- Brevoort on "All-New Captain America," The End of "Fantastic Four" & More
With Axel Alonso out of the office, Tom Brevoort Talks to the Hat about the unique premise of "All-New Cap" and the end of "Fantastic Four."
Fri, November 7th, 2014
- Navigating "Secret Wars'" Battleworld, the Power of the All-New Cap
Axel Alonso discusses the recent "Secret Wars" Battleworld reveal, the upcoming debut of "All-New Captain America" and much more.
Fri, October 31st, 2014
- How Marvel's Big Movie Week Impacts Publishing
Axel Alonso discusses how Marvel's new movie announcements -- especially "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" -- relate to publishing, plus "Deathlok" & more.
Fri, October 24th, 2014
- Teasing Marvel Events, Bringing "She-Hulk" to a Close
Axel Alonso sheds insight into the past two weeks of event-based Marvel teasers and the end of "She-Hulk" "volume one."
Fri, October 17th, 2014
- AiC on CBR TV - "Secret Wars," A New "Hawkeye" & "Ant-Man"
Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso joins CBR TV at NYCC to talk the scale of the new "Secret Wars," the new "Hawkeye" creative team and much more.
Fri, October 10th, 2014
- NYCC Special (Mostly) Reader Question Edition
In the midst of NYCC, Axel Alonso fields a giant-sized fan Q&A session and talks "Squirrel Girl," "AXIS" "Fantastic Four's" fate and more.
Fri, October 3rd, 2014
- "Thor," "Men of Wrath" and Jason Aaron's Big Week
Axel Alonso discusses the two major new releases from Jason Aaron -- the female "Thor" and the creator-owned "Men of Wrath" -- plus plenty more.
Fri, September 26th, 2014
- Prepping for a Female "Thor" and "AXIS" Impact
Axel Alonso talks Marvel's big early October releases: "Thor" and "AXIS." Plus, exclusive pages from Marvel's 75th Anniversary Special.
Fri, September 19th, 2014
- The Importance of Humor, From "Spider-Man & The X-Men" to "Guardians"
Axel Alonso returns to discuss how humor is an integral part of the Marvel formula, the eight-month time jump in "Avengers" and more.
Fri, September 12th, 2014
- Jeph Loeb on "Agents of SHIELD" Season Two, "Daredevil" and Diversity of Marvel TV
With Axel Alonso away, head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb takes over to discuss the imminently arriving new episodes of "Agents of SHIELD" and more.
Fri, September 5th, 2014
- New "Miracleman" Strategy, "Original Sin" Brings Status Quo Changes
Axel Alonso divulges on new "Miracleman" material, signing writer Charles Soule to an exclusive Marvel contract and the fallout of "Original Sin."
Fri, August 29th, 2014
- The Mixed Message of Manara's "Spider-Woman" Variant, Reason For No "Big Hero 6" Plans
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso returns to his column to discuss Milo Manara's controversial "Spider-Woman" variant cover, "Big Hero 6" & more.
Fri, August 22nd, 2014
- The Wacker Factor - Marvel Animation and "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors"
Stephen Wacker, Marvel's VP of Current Animation, steps in for Axel Alonso and talks the new season of "Ultimate Spider-Man" and much more.
Fri, August 15th, 2014
- Brevoort's Back! "Guardians of the Galaxy," "SHIELD" and More
With Axel Alonso in Korea, Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort pinch-hits and talk the "Guardians" film, Marvel events and the "SHIELD" comic.
Fri, August 8th, 2014
- The True Appeal of "Guardians of the Galaxy," Comic-Con Recap
Axel Alonso gives his thoughts on the recently revealed "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie, and some of Marvel's major Comic-Con announcements.
Fri, August 1st, 2014
- AiC on CBR TV - "Star Wars," "SHIELD" & Avengers NOW!
Marvel EIC Axel Alonso spoke with CBR TV in San Diego to explain why Avengers NOW! is writer-driven, the plan for "Star Wars" and much more!
Fri, July 18th, 2014
- In-Depth on "Avengers NOW!" and New Takes on Captain America, Thor and Iron Man
Marvel has announced a female Thor, a black Captain America and a "Superior" Iron Man, and Axel Alonso talks in detail about the Avengers NOW! changes.
Fri, July 11th, 2014
- No Exit Plan for "Death of Wolverine," Responding to "Cap" Controversy
Axel Alonso talks "The Logan Legacy" and "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier," and comments on the debate surrounding "#FireRickRemender."
Thu, July 3rd, 2014
- Rocket Raccoon's Loot Crate Adventure, Nick Fury's Secret History
Axel Alonso talks the "Rocket Raccoon" and "Legendary Star-Lord" launches, the big "Original Sin" revelation and more, in a special Thursday edition.
Fri, June 27th, 2014
- "Original Sin" at Halftime, Back to the "Guardians" Future
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso comments on "Original Sin" at its halfway point, the motivation behind "Guardians 3000" and plenty more.
Fri, June 20th, 2014
- "AXIS" Access, Personnel Shifts and an "Ultimate" Road Bump
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso opens up on this fall's "AXIS" event, the recent promotions and hires and the state of the Ultimate Universe.
Fri, June 13th, 2014
- Disney, Deathlok and Deadpool Taking on Hawkeye
With "Figment" #1 on sale, Axel Alonso talks Disney/Marvel team-ups and the potential future, plus the new Deathlok and "Hawkeye vs. Deadpool."
Fri, June 6th, 2014
- "Fantastic Four" Future, "Doctor Strange" Plans & the New "Moon Knight"
Marvel EIC Axel Alonso comments on reports that "Fantastic Four" may be headed for hiatus, and what's in store for the Sorcerer Supreme.
Fri, May 30th, 2014
- The "Miracleman" Legacy, Jim Starlin's "Thanos" Return
Axel Alonso shares his take on the new live-action Daredevil, introducing "Miracleman" to a new audience, Jim Starlin's return to Thanos and more.
Fri, May 23rd, 2014
- The "Days of Future Past" Legacy, Early Word on "AXIS"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses why "Days of Future Past" is a special story in Marvel history, and gives a very early glimpse at "AXIS."
Fri, May 16th, 2014
- The "Inevitable" Rise of Comics on TV
Axel Alonso gives his thoughts on the major presence comic book adaptations will have on network TV next season, the current state of Icon and more.
Mon, May 12th, 2014
- Cup O' Joe Part 2: "Original Sin" Origins, Asgardian Angela and a Marvel Stage Show
In the second part of our wide-ranging conversation with Joe Quesada, the Marvel CCO talks "Original Sin" early days, "Marvel Universe LIVE!" and more.
Fri, May 9th, 2014
- Cup O' Joe Returns!
With Axel Alonso on vacation, Marvel chief creative officer Joe Quesada talks "Daredevil" on Netflix, the first "Agents of SHIELD" season and lots more.
Fri, May 2nd, 2014
- Killing Wolverine, Welcoming Peter Parker Back to Life
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso recaps the big C2E2 announcements like "Death of Wolverine," and talks the new "Amazing Spider-Man" #1.
Fri, April 25th, 2014
- Zeroing in on "Original Sin," Covers vs. Creators
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses "Original Sin" #0, "Elektra" and DC Comics releasing advance solicitations without creative teams listed.
Fri, April 18th, 2014
- A Final Swing with the "Superior Spider-Man"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso talks the success of the recently wrapped "Superior Spider-Man," and why he's "still surprised" at its performance.
Fri, April 11th, 2014
- Marvel's Latest Editorial Retreat, Doop's Undeniable Appeal
Axel Alonso gives a glimpse inside Marvel's recently wrapped editorial retreat, and shares his thoughts on why Doop is still going strong after 13 years.
Fri, April 4th, 2014
- Cementing The "Winter Soldier" Legacy, Defining "Original Sin"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses the Winter Soldier's journey to the big screen, and what readers should know about "Original Sin."
Fri, March 28th, 2014
- Developing a "Spider-Verse," Growing the Talent Pool
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso talks "Spider-Verse" -- "the biggest Spider-Man epic of all time" -- and the importance of new creative blood.