Vaughan & Chiang's "Paper Girls" Builds a Familiar Yet Disconcerting World
Showing results 24-63 of 218
Fri, May 29th, 2015
- New X-Men Editorial Era, Garth Ennis' Marvel Return
Axel Alonso talks who's taking over the X-Men editorial reins, plus new "Secret Wars" series including "Old Man Logan" and "Where Monsters Dwell."
Fri, May 22nd, 2015
- "Secret Wars" Jam Session Talking "A-Force," "Ultimate End" and More
With Axel Alonso away from the office, an all-star team of Marvel editors talk this week's crop of freshly launched "Secret Wars" companion series.
Fri, May 15th, 2015
- Unmasking the Big "Thor" Reveal, Exploring "Secret Wars'" Battleworld
Axel Alonso talks the long-awaited reveal of the female Thor's identity, the latest "Secret Wars" developments and a big week for comics-based TV.
Fri, May 8th, 2015
- Inside Marvel's Massive "Secret Wars" #1
Axel Alonso provides a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel's "Secret Wars" #1, and responds to criticism that it may not be new reader friendly.
Fri, May 1st, 2015
- Punk on "Drax," Bringing "Avengers" and "Fantastic Four" to a Close
Axel Alonso shares insight on Marvel's big C2E2 announcements, plus the end of eras for "Avengers," "New Avengers" and "Fantastic Four."
Fri, April 24th, 2015
- Behind the Scenes on Iceman's Outing, "1872" Changes
Axel Alonso discusses his involvement in this week's "All-New X-Men" revelations, and artist Nik Virella joining "1872" in place of Evan Shaner.
Fri, April 17th, 2015
- Planning Marvel's Future, New Additions to the "Star Wars" Line
Axel Alonso shares some highlights from the latest Marvel editorial retreat, and talks the new "Lando" series from Charles Soule & Alex Maleev.
Fri, April 10th, 2015
- Jeph Loeb on "Daredevil's" Debut, Netflix Advantage
Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb steps in for Axel Alonso, and talks exploring new small-screen territory with the "Daredevil" Netflix series.
Fri, April 3rd, 2015
- Marvel's Major "Rage of Ultron" Twist, The X-Men's Post-"Secret Wars" Future
Axel Alonso sheds light on the surprise ending of "Avengers: Rage of Ultron," and provides further insight into the X-Men's future after the event.
Fri, March 27th, 2015
- Shaping the "All-New, All Different Avengers" & "Uncanny Inhumans"
Axel Alonso talks the freshly revealed lineups of the "All-New, All Different Avengers" and "Uncanny Inhumans," plus "Civil War" and "Hail Hydra."
Fri, March 20th, 2015
- Navigating the "Secret Wars" Landscape, Responding to a Challenging Week
Axel Alonso talks the big picture of "Secret Wars" and beyond, and responds to recent controversies involving Chris Sims and Ronald Wimberly.
Fri, March 13th, 2015
- The '$#@%ing Hilarious' "Howard the Duck," 2 Million in "Star Wars" Sales
Axel Alonso shares his enthusiasm for Chip Zdarsky & Joe Quinones' "Howard the Duck," talks the latest "Star Wars" sales success and plenty more.
Fri, March 6th, 2015
- Developing "All-New Hawkeye," Going West with "Secret Wars"
Axel Alonso talks his role in bringing "All-New Hawkeye" to life, and exploring the Old West, fantasy and classic X-Men stories in "Secret Wars."
Fri, February 27th, 2015
- "Spider-Gwen" Arrives, the "Runaways" Return
Axel Alonso looks back at another busy Marvel week and talks "Spider-Gwen," the "Runaways" revival and CM Punk's comic book writing debut.
Fri, February 20th, 2015
- Marvel Reacts to Changing Tastes, In "Secret Wars" and Beyond
Axel Alonso discusses how new launches like "Silk," "Spider-Gwen" and "Ghost Racers" are a response to "changing demographics" of Marvel readers.
Fri, February 13th, 2015
- Brevoort's Back, Talking the Genre Diversity of "Secret Wars"
Marvel SVP of Publishing Tom Brevoort steps in to discuss the diverse options provided by "Secret Wars," and share his take on DC's new launches.
Fri, February 6th, 2015
- The End of The Bendis "X-Men" Era, The Arrival of "A-Force"
Axel Alonso looks back at a busy week, including Brian Michael Bendis leaving the X-titles and the announcement of the all-female "A-Force."
Fri, January 30th, 2015
- Preparing for the "Ultimate End"
Axel Alonso talks Marvel's announcement of "Ultimate End" by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley, and the latest in "Secret Wars" news.
Fri, January 23rd, 2015
- "Secret Wars," and What Happens When "Everything Ends"
In the wake of universe-altering "Secret Wars" news, Axel Alonso helps navigate how the soon-to-be altered Marvel terrain will affect readers.
Fri, January 16th, 2015
- "Star Wars" #1 and the Future of the Line
Axel Alonso takes a "Star Wars" victory lap, talks why Jason Aaron was Marvel's first choice to write the series, Run the Jewels variants and more.
Fri, January 9th, 2015
- Ant-Man's Big Week and Long-Term Inhumans Plans
Axel Alonso talks "Ant-Man" #1 and the teaser trailer for the film of the same name, "Uncanny Inhumans" and plenty more.
Fri, January 2nd, 2015
- Looking Ahead to Marvel's 2015, From "Star Wars" to "Secret Wars"
Marvel EIC Axel Alonso discusses the year ahead, including Disney/Marvel collaborations, "Uncanny Avengers" and the looming "Secret Wars."
Fri, December 26th, 2014
- The Only Marvel Constant is Change, from Avengers NOW! To "Ms. Marvel"
Axel Alonso takes stock of the Marvel releases that had an impact in 2014, including "Ms. Marvel," "Death of Wolverine" and the female "Thor."
Fri, December 19th, 2014
- Spider-Woman's Practical New Costume and the Accessibility of "Secret Wars"
Axel Alonso talks Spider-Woman's new outfit, why "Secret Wars" was the right choice for Free Comic Book Day and the fallout of the Sony leaks.
Fri, December 12th, 2014
- Wilson Goes Marvel Exclusive, One Million "Star Wars" #1s
Axel Alonso returns from an editorial retreat to discuss G. Willow Wilson signing exclusively with Marvel, "Star Wars" sales & "AXIS" revelations.
Fri, December 5th, 2014
- Saving "Storm" and Taking "Howard the Duck" Seriously
Axel Alonso returns to talk the new "Howard the Duck" series, the #SaveStorm campaign, "Ultron Forever," "Star Wars," "Preacher" on TV and more.
Fri, November 28th, 2014
- Quesada Gives Thanks for New "Miracleman" Stories
Joe Quesada turns Axel-in-Charge into Cup O'Joe to discuss the upcoming "All-New Miracleman Annual" and Marvel's ambitious upcoming film slate.
Fri, November 21st, 2014
- CM Punk at Marvel, Waid & Samnee Wrapping Up "Daredevil"
Axel Alonso talks the major news coming out of Marvel's February 2015's solicitations, plus "Spider-Woman" and "Superior Iron Man."
Fri, November 14th, 2014
- Brevoort on "All-New Captain America," The End of "Fantastic Four" & More
With Axel Alonso out of the office, Tom Brevoort Talks to the Hat about the unique premise of "All-New Cap" and the end of "Fantastic Four."
Fri, November 7th, 2014
- Navigating "Secret Wars'" Battleworld, the Power of the All-New Cap
Axel Alonso discusses the recent "Secret Wars" Battleworld reveal, the upcoming debut of "All-New Captain America" and much more.
Fri, October 31st, 2014
- How Marvel's Big Movie Week Impacts Publishing
Axel Alonso discusses how Marvel's new movie announcements -- especially "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" -- relate to publishing, plus "Deathlok" & more.
Fri, October 24th, 2014
- Teasing Marvel Events, Bringing "She-Hulk" to a Close
Axel Alonso sheds insight into the past two weeks of event-based Marvel teasers and the end of "She-Hulk" "volume one."
Fri, October 17th, 2014
- CBR TV @ NYCC 2014: Axel Alonso on "Secret Wars," A New "Hawkeye" & "Ant-Man
Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso joins CBR TV at NYCC to talk the scale of the new "Secret Wars," the new "Hawkeye" creative team and much more.
Fri, October 10th, 2014
- NYCC Special (Mostly) Reader Question Edition
In the midst of NYCC, Axel Alonso fields a giant-sized fan Q&A session and talks "Squirrel Girl," "AXIS" "Fantastic Four's" fate and more.
Fri, October 3rd, 2014
- "Thor," "Men of Wrath" and Jason Aaron's Big Week
Axel Alonso discusses the two major new releases from Jason Aaron -- the female "Thor" and the creator-owned "Men of Wrath" -- plus plenty more.
Fri, September 26th, 2014
- Prepping for a Female "Thor" and "AXIS" Impact
Axel Alonso talks Marvel's big early October releases: "Thor" and "AXIS." Plus, exclusive pages from Marvel's 75th Anniversary Special.
Fri, September 19th, 2014
- The Importance of Humor, From "Spider-Man & The X-Men" to "Guardians"
Axel Alonso returns to discuss how humor is an integral part of the Marvel formula, the eight-month time jump in "Avengers" and more.
Fri, September 12th, 2014
- Jeph Loeb on "Agents of SHIELD" Season Two, "Daredevil" and Diversity of Marvel TV
With Axel Alonso away, head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb takes over to discuss the imminently arriving new episodes of "Agents of SHIELD" and more.
Fri, September 5th, 2014
- New "Miracleman" Strategy, "Original Sin" Brings Status Quo Changes
Axel Alonso divulges on new "Miracleman" material, signing writer Charles Soule to an exclusive Marvel contract and the fallout of "Original Sin."
Fri, August 29th, 2014
- The Mixed Message of Manara's "Spider-Woman" Variant, Reason For No "Big Hero 6" Plans
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso returns to his column to discuss Milo Manara's controversial "Spider-Woman" variant cover, "Big Hero 6" & more.