Showing results 35-74 of 177
Fri, May 23rd, 2014
- The "Days of Future Past" Legacy, Early Word on "AXIS"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses why "Days of Future Past" is a special story in Marvel history, and gives a very early glimpse at "AXIS."
Fri, May 16th, 2014
- The "Inevitable" Rise of Comics on TV
Axel Alonso gives his thoughts on the major presence comic book adaptations will have on network TV next season, the current state of Icon and more.
Mon, May 12th, 2014
- Cup O' Joe Part 2: "Original Sin" Origins, Asgardian Angela and a Marvel Stage Show
In the second part of our wide-ranging conversation with Joe Quesada, the Marvel CCO talks "Original Sin" early days, "Marvel Universe LIVE!" and more.
Fri, May 9th, 2014
- Cup O' Joe Returns!
With Axel Alonso on vacation, Marvel chief creative officer Joe Quesada talks "Daredevil" on Netflix, the first "Agents of SHIELD" season and lots more.
Fri, May 2nd, 2014
- Killing Wolverine, Welcoming Peter Parker Back to Life
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso recaps the big C2E2 announcements like "Death of Wolverine," and talks the new "Amazing Spider-Man" #1.
Fri, April 25th, 2014
- Zeroing in on "Original Sin," Covers vs. Creators
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses "Original Sin" #0, "Elektra" and DC Comics releasing advance solicitations without creative teams listed.
Fri, April 18th, 2014
- A Final Swing with the "Superior Spider-Man"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso talks the success of the recently wrapped "Superior Spider-Man," and why he's "still surprised" at its performance.
Fri, April 11th, 2014
- Marvel's Latest Editorial Retreat, Doop's Undeniable Appeal
Axel Alonso gives a glimpse inside Marvel's recently wrapped editorial retreat, and shares his thoughts on why Doop is still going strong after 13 years.
Fri, April 4th, 2014
- Cementing The "Winter Soldier" Legacy, Defining "Original Sin"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses the Winter Soldier's journey to the big screen, and what readers should know about "Original Sin."
Fri, March 28th, 2014
- Developing a "Spider-Verse," Growing the Talent Pool
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso talks "Spider-Verse" -- "the biggest Spider-Man epic of all time" -- and the importance of new creative blood.
Fri, March 21st, 2014
- Debuting A New "Daredevil," Getting Low with "Ghost Rider"
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso discusses the importance of a new "Daredevil" #1, his excitement for "All-New Ghost Rider" and more.
Fri, March 14th, 2014
- SXSW Wrap Up, Digital Initiatives and Marvel's New #1s
Axel Alonso returns from Austin to talk the company's latest digital efforts, the return of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost to the X-books and more.
Fri, March 7th, 2014
- Tom Brevoort Takes Over, Talks "Original Sin"
Marvel senior vice president of publishing Tom Brevoort steps in for Axel Alonso this week and discusses 2014 event "Original Sin" in-depth.
Fri, February 28th, 2014
- The New "Fantastic Four" and the Diversity Challenge
Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso weighs in on the casting of Fox's "Fantastic Four" reboot, and the freshly launched FF comic book series.
Fri, February 21st, 2014
- Strategizing "Guardians of the Galaxy," Keeping Event Tie-Ins Fresh
Marvel EIC Axel Alonso discusses how publishing prepares for a film like "Guardians of the Galaxy," the "Original Sin" tie-in plan and more.
Fri, February 14th, 2014
- Female Representation, Sellouts and Launching a New "X-Force"
Axel Alonso discusses the importance of Marvel's new female-led titles, the recent string of All-New Marvel NOW! sellouts and the new "X-Force" series.
Fri, February 7th, 2014
- Inside Marvel's Major Editorial Shifts
Axel Alonso welcomes returning executive editor Mike Marts and new Spider-Man senior editor Nick Lowe to discuss Marvel's editorial landscape.
Fri, January 31st, 2014
- Pushing Infinite Comics Further, Ultimate Deaths
Following a newsworthy week for Infinite Comics, Axel Alonso discusses the format and digital initiatives, plus this week's "Cataclysm" casualty.
Fri, January 24th, 2014
- Welcoming Back Creators, Experimenting with Numbering
Axel Alonso discusses the remastered "Miracleman" #1, Chris Claremont and DnA's new Marvel projects, adopting a "season"-type format and more.
Fri, January 17th, 2014
- New Twists On Old Series
From "Hulk" & "Amazing Spider-Man" to the Ultimate Universe, Axel Alonso looks at the facelift many long-running Marvel series will get this spring.
Fri, January 10th, 2014
- Moving Forward From Star Wars To "Original Sin"
Axel Alonso jumps feet first into the publishing news of 2014, addressing plans for Star Wars, All-New Marvel NOW! and "Original Sin."
Fri, January 3rd, 2014
- Characters of the Year
Axel Alonso’s two-part look back on Marvel in 2013 wraps with a dissection of the big moves made by Nova, Angela, Superior Spider-Man and more!
Fri, December 27th, 2013
- Cosmic Combos & Event Reinvention In 2013
In the first of a two-part conversation about Marvel's 2013, Axel Alonso discusses combining the Cosmic & Earthbound sides of the Marvel U and switch up events from "Age of Ultron" to "Infinity."
Fri, December 20th, 2013
- The Full Story Of "Inhuman" With Fraction & Soule
Axel Alonso, Charles Soule & Matt Fraction explain the "Inhuman" creative shift, the future of the series and show off new Joe Madureira art.
Wed, December 18th, 2013
- EXTRA - Alonso, Fraction & Soule Explain "Inhuman's" Creative Shift
With Charles Soule taking over Marvel's "Inhuman" from Matt Fraction, EiC Axel Alonso and the writers explain what prompted the creative change.
Fri, December 13th, 2013
- Haden Blackman Joins “Elektra” & The Art of All-New Marvel NOW!
Axel Alonso breaks some news as new writer Haden Blackman joins “Elektra.” Plus, a look inside the art of All-New Marvel NOW!
Fri, December 6th, 2013
- Shifting "Inhuman" & Amplifying The "All-New" of Marvel NOW!
Axel Alonso discusses the "Inhuman" launch delay, the All-New Marvel NOW! launches in the coming year and more.
Fri, November 29th, 2013
- The Cosmic Fallout of "Infinity"
With the finale of "Infinity" this week, Axel Alonso teases the future of Marvel Cosmic from "Guardians of the Galaxy" to "All-New Invaders."
Fri, November 22nd, 2013
- Beginnings & Endings In The Marvel U
Axel Alonso looks at how Marvel approaches titles from James Robinson's new "Fantastic Four" to Jason Aaron's final "Wolverine & The X-Men."
Fri, November 15th, 2013
- Kieron Gillen Talks “Origin II” & More
Marvel’s Editor-in-Chief welcomes Kieron Gillen to discuss "Origin II,” its impact on Wolverine then and now, the future of "Young Avengers" and more.
Fri, November 8th, 2013
- Breaking New Ground With "Ms. Marvel" & Old Universes With "Cataclysm"
Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso wraps the week of the latest Marvel retreat with talk of "Ms. Marvel," "Cataclysm" and "X-Force."
Fri, November 1st, 2013
- Changes Sweep X-Men, Winter Soldier & Daredevil
Axel Alonso discusses new Marvel U developments as X-Men switch sides, "Winter Soldier" switches decades and Daredevil switches cities.
Fri, October 25th, 2013
- Iron Man's Origins & Horror's Future
Axel Alonso looks at the big changes hitting Marvel's heavy hitters including the recent "Iron Man" reveal, Dr. Mindbubble, "Daredevil's" future & more.
Fri, October 18th, 2013
- All-New Marvel NOW! On CBR TV
Axel Alonso talks Slott & Allred's "Silver Surfer," "Black Widow's" human side, Romero's "Empire of the Dead," All-New Marvel NOW! numbering and more.
Fri, October 11th, 2013
- Fan Questions From NYCC
While Marvel hits New York Comic Con with a slate of new announcements, Axel Alonso answers your questions about All-New Marvel NOW!, the final fate of “Infinity’s” Thane & Gladiator, expanding X-Men mutants and more.
Fri, October 4th, 2013
- Romero’s “Empire of the Dead” Leads The NYCC Charge
In advance of a NYCC slated for a ton of All-New Marvel NOW! reveals, Axel Alonso discusses already revealed projects including George Romero’s "Empire of the Dead," "She-Hulk" and the final fate of "Iron Man."
Fri, September 27th, 2013
- Unpacking The All-New Marvel NOW! Teasers
After a week of cryptic teasers for their All-New Marvel NOW! launch, Axel Alonso explains the birth of new creative partnerships while showcasing “Guardians of the Galaxy’s” future.
Fri, September 20th, 2013
- "Infinity" Explosions & "Thor" Movie Promotions
As the first act of "Infinity" closes with a bang, Marvel Comics E-i-C Axel Alonso talks about the big picture of the event, the "Inhumanity" follow up and Jason Aaron’s plans for "Thor: The Dark World’s" villain.
Fri, September 13th, 2013
- Marvel NOW! Wave 2 Arrives
The floodgates are open on Marvel NOW! Wave 2, and Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso is back to explain the story behind the creation of “Avengers” #24.NOW, “All-New Invaders” and “Inhuman.”
Fri, September 6th, 2013
- Drawing Lines In "X-Men: Battle of the Atom"
This week, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso unpacks the opening installments of the new "Battle of the Atom" event describing how it impacts the worlds of Bendis, Aaron and Woods and who the real Jean Grey is.