O Say Can You See: The Greatest Patriotic Super Heroes of All-Time
Showing results 1-40 of 145
Wed, July 1st, 2015
- 45 Thoughts About "All-New, All-Different Marvel"
With 45 new #1 issues announced today, Brett White lets loose all of his hopes, dreams and fears regarding the new Marvel Universe.
Wed, June 24th, 2015
- Why Am I Obsessed With Action Figures?!
Get a load of Brett's toy collection as he figures out when this obsession started and why it will probably never end.
Wed, June 17th, 2015
- Lessons Learned at Flame Con
Brett White learned about the value of both embracing and rejecting stereotypes and labels at NYC's first LGBT comic con.
Wed, June 10th, 2015
- The Diversity of Special Edition: NYC
After attending the new NYC con, Brett White reflects on the show's progressive panels and interviews the people behind two of them.
Wed, June 3rd, 2015
- About That Big "Star Wars" Reveal...
Of course lifelong Star Wars superfan Brett White has more than a thousand words to say about the retcon in Marvel's "Star Wars" #6.
Wed, May 27th, 2015
- "X-Men '92," "Inferno" Reveal the Secret of "Secret Wars"
After reading -- and loving -- this week's "Secret Wars" series, Brett White has just one tiny quibble with the Marvel Comics event.
Wed, May 20th, 2015
- David Letterman Is My Professor X
With the legendary host ending his run tonight, Brett White looks back on his time at "Late Show" through X-Men-tinted glasses.
Wed, May 13th, 2015
- Did "Secret Wars" Just Win Me Over?
Despite his aversion to alternate reality storylines, "Secret Wars" #2 might have just sold Brett White on Marvel's new event.
Wed, May 6th, 2015
- "Age Of Ultron" and the Great Black Widow Debate
Black Widow superfan Brett White tries to sort out all of the character's controversial reveals in the wake of "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Wed, April 29th, 2015
- The MCU Avengers Are My Avengers
With "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" days away from opening, Brett White declares his love for one very specific version of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Wed, April 22nd, 2015
- About That Gay Iceman Scene...
With Bobby Drake outed as of "All-New X-Men" #40, Brett White shares his possibly too personal thoughts about the coming out scene.
Wed, April 15th, 2015
- Talking Foggy Nelson with "Daredevil's" Elden Henson
Foggy Nelson superfan Brett White goes one-on-one with the actor tasked with bringing Matt Murdock's best bud to life.
Wed, April 8th, 2015
- I Love Daredevil
In anticipation of the Man Without Fear's Netflix debut, Brett White talks about his Daredevil love and why the hero is more than Marvel's Batman.
Fri, April 3rd, 2015
- The Case For A PG-13 "Deadpool"
Following the reveal of "Deadpool's" R rating, Brett White offers the case for a more inclusive rating.
Wed, March 25th, 2015
- The X-Force/"Fast & Furious" Connection
Brett White has come to realize why he's so pumped for "Furious 7" -- it's basically an "X-Force" movie.
Wed, March 18th, 2015
- The Social Side Of Comics
Following a trio of recent controversies, Brett White examines how his comic book social life has changed.
Wed, March 11th, 2015
- Where Have All the LGBT Heroes Gone?
Brett White examined Marvel's diverse lineup of books and noticed that one section of the population is underrepresented.
Wed, February 25th, 2015
- "Who Is Marvel's Wonder Woman?" Part 3
Revisiting the question for a third time, Brett White reflects on a blockbuster year for the women of Marvel.
Thu, February 19th, 2015
- What Superhero Films Can Learn From "Charlie's Angels"
Brett White wants comic book movies to learn a thing or two from this ridiculous-yet-progressive female-driven action franchise.
Wed, February 11th, 2015
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the X-Men
The recent Sony/Marvel deal kicked up Brett White's X-Paranoia again, but this time he figured out a way to fight those feelings.
Wed, February 4th, 2015
- "Daredevil's" Big Hairy Problem
Brett White has something to get off his chest about what's been removed from actor Charlie Cox's chest for his lead role as Daredevil.
Wed, January 28th, 2015
- Where Are All the Black Widow Toys?
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" toy lines have been announced, and Brett White has a problem with their lack of Natasha Romanoff.
Wed, January 21st, 2015
- My Personal "Secret Wars" War
In light of yesterday's "Secret Wars" reveals, Brett White is of two minds when it comes to Marvel's new event -- but which one will win out?
Wed, January 14th, 2015
- The 2014 Colorist Hall Of Fame Inductees
Brett White inducts five more comic book colorists into his personal -- yet still very prestigious -- Colorist Hall of Fame.
Wed, January 7th, 2015
- Best of 2014
Brett White reflects on 2014 by counting down his ten favorite series and single issues from the previous year.
Wed, December 17th, 2014
- Surprise! I Love "Flash Gordon!"
Brett White expresses his newfound appreciation for the classic character thanks to the work done by Jeff Parker, Evan Shaner and Jordie Bellaire.
Wed, December 3rd, 2014
- We Don't Need a Straight Daryl Dixon
Brett White expresses his disappointment in Robert Kirkman's decision to play it safe when it comes to "The Walking Dead's" breakout character.
Wed, November 26th, 2014
- The First Ever In Your Face-Giving Thanks-Jam
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Brett lists the comics, movies and television shows he's thankful for -- and caps it off with a sexy swimsuit special surprise.
Wed, November 19th, 2014
Brett White rallies the troops behind Marvel's "Storm" ongoing written by Greg Pak, the best comic you aren't reading.
Wed, November 5th, 2014
- There Is Only One Captain Marvel
Brett White takes on all the Cap Trolls and explains why people need to accept that Billy is Shazam and Carol is Captain Marvel.
Wed, October 29th, 2014
- It's Not a Question of "Captain Marvel" Vs. "Black Widow"
Writer Brett White examines his fondness for Carol Danvers and explains why her feature film does not diminish Black Widow's place in the MCU.
Wed, October 22nd, 2014
- "She-Hulk" and the False Promise of 'Ongoing'
The cancellation of Marvel's "She-Hulk" series has worked Brett White into a frenzy, and he's calling for changes to the way comics are marketed.
Wed, October 1st, 2014
- Equality And The Feminist Mission Statement of "Thor" #1
Writer Brett White's explains how the debut issue embodies the most often forgotten word in "feminism's" definition.
Wed, September 24th, 2014
- The Danger of the Disappearing X-Men
Writer Brett White's head might understand why Marvel's mutants have taken a backseat, but that doesn't mean his heart is any less broken.
Wed, September 17th, 2014
- What's Next For Gwen Stacy, the Spider-Woman?
Now that her amazing debut is behind her, Brett White hopes that this isn't the last we've seen of the new Gwen Stacy.
Wed, September 10th, 2014
- When The X-Men Go Solo -- And Succeed
Brett White praises the risks being taken by new ongoing series "Storm," "Cyclops," "Magneto," and "Nightcrawler."
Wed, September 3rd, 2014
- The Best Avengers Wear Bomber Jackets
Marvel's '90s "Avengers" comics may owe a lot to the X-Men, but that's exactly why Brett White loves them.
Wed, August 27th, 2014
- Flipping Through The Weirdly Subversive "Marvel Swimsuit Specials"
If you can't get enough of seeing Marvel's muscular males in ridiculous swimsuits, then Brett White has a treat for you.
Wed, August 20th, 2014
- I'm Proud Of "Superior Foes Of Spider-Man"
Even though he played no part in the book's creation, Brett White feels a curious swelling of pride for the soon-to-conclude comedy comic.
Wed, August 13th, 2014
- Weathering The Storm With "Storm"
With tragedy after tragedy unfolding in the news, Brett White looks to Ororo Munroe's new series to find a sense of hope.