BEST BETS: "Jessica Jones," "Big Trouble/Escape from New York" & More October 2016 Highlights
Showing results 1-40 of 185
Wed, June 15th, 2016
- Marvel, DC and the Current State of LGBT Superheroes
Following the recent tragedy in Orlando, Brett White advocates for Marvel and DC Comics to take their queer heroes to the next level.
Wed, June 8th, 2016
- The Success & Failure of DC's Rebirth... So Far
Brett White runs through three weeks of DC's "Rebirth" stories and isolates what's working for him, plus the initiative's one massive misstep.
Wed, June 1st, 2016
- X-Men's Jubilee is a Super Important Hero, Dude
After her disappointing cameo in "X-Men: Apocalypse," Brett White reveals why Jubilee should be one of the most popular comic characters out there.
Wed, May 11th, 2016
- "Captain America: Civil War" is the Best Black Widow Movie
The film is a fascinating exploration of Black Widow's character and provides a great jumping-off point for the solo movie that needs to happen.
Wed, April 27th, 2016
- On the Rapid Turnover in Superhero Comics
It just dawned on Brett White that Marvel has seriously picked up the pace when it comes to their shared superhero universe.
Wed, April 20th, 2016
- This Black Widow GIF Made Me Care About "Civil War"
Black Widow superfan Brett White uncovers what it is about the character that resonates so much with him.
Wed, April 13th, 2016
- Make Mine (Early '90s) Marvel
Brett White's been reading some old 1990s Marvel comics and he's surprised to see so much substance tucked in all those pouches.
Wed, March 30th, 2016
- Rebirth, DC Comics and Me
With DC's Rebirth on the way, Brett White tries to figure out why the superhero universe fails to keep his attention.
Wed, March 23rd, 2016
- "Daredevil's" Elektra Dilemma
After finishing up Season Two of Marvel's "Daredevil" series on Netflix, Brett White can't stop thinking about Elektra.
Wed, March 16th, 2016
- I Don't Want a New Han Solo
No matter how much he loves Han Solo, Brett White can't get behind any actor other than Harrison Ford playing the part.
Wed, March 9th, 2016
- The End of the X-Men Conspiracy
After several big X-Men announcements, Brett White is more than ready to declare the end of the perceived cold war between Marvel and the mutants.
Wed, February 24th, 2016
- "Batman v Superman" v R-Ratings
It's only an R-rating on an alternate home video release, but that's enough to make Brett White a little worried about this mature-only trend.
Wed, February 17th, 2016
- Here's "Deadpool's" Real Lesson to Learn
Instead of slapping R-ratings on superhero movies, Brett White thinks filmmakers should learn a different lesson from "Deadpool's" success.
Wed, February 10th, 2016
- "All-New X-Men" Makes Mutants Fun Again
While the X-Men line might be going dark, "All-New X-Men" provides an awesome counterbalance of entertaining angst and action.
Wed, February 3rd, 2016
- The New "Captain Marvel" Proves Carol's Staying Power
Brett White examines how Captain Marvel has survived one of the trickiest speed bumps in superhero comics: the creative team change-up.
Wed, January 27th, 2016
- Is "The Flash" the Modern "Batman '66"?
It's a crazy comparison to make, but Brett White sees a lot of the classic "Batman" TV series in the current "Flash" one.
Wed, January 20th, 2016
- Hating to Love the "Suicide Squad" Trailer
Brett White argues with himself about the rip-roaring new "Suicide Squad" trailer, analyzing how one Queen song has changed everything.
Wed, January 13th, 2016
- Unboxing The #WheresRey Phenomenon
With plenty more Rey merchandise from "The Force Awakens" on the way, Brett White points out how the first wave of "Star Wars" toys fell short.
Wed, January 6th, 2016
- Top 10 Series of 2015
Brett White says hello to 2016 by saying goodbye to his favorite comic book series from 2015, including some familiar names and a few surprises.
Wed, December 30th, 2015
- Han Solo & Me
After seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" many, many times, Brett White examines his history with the smuggler turned hero.
Wed, December 16th, 2015
- Dear Santa, I Want A Good Star Wars Movie For Christmas
Brett White makes a last minute appeal to Jolly Old St. Nick to make sure that the movie he's waited 25 years for is everything he wants it to be.
Wed, December 9th, 2015
- I've Enlisted With The "Howling Commandos Of SHIELD"
Brett's fallen for Frank Barbiere and Brent Schoonover's new Marvel series -- and it's not just because it stars Dum Dum Dugan.
Wed, December 2nd, 2015
- Captain America and Bucky are Just Friends
In response to "Captain America: Civil War's" trailer, Brett White discusses why the leading men are much better friends than lovers.
Wed, November 18th, 2015
- Mister Sinister is My Favorite X-Villain
Mister Sinister is creepy, invasive, weird and glamorous -- and he's Brett White's fave when it comes to bad guys.
Thu, November 12th, 2015
- "Buffy the Vampire Slayer's" Influence On Today's Super Shows
From "The Flash" and "Arrow" to "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", Brett White puts his college degree to work and shows how "Buffy" made it all possible.
Wed, November 4th, 2015
- Here's What "Uncanny X-Men's" Iceman Coming Out Scene Got Right
On the eve of his 10 year gay-versary, Brett White runs through his hyper-personal reaction to "Uncanny X-Men" #600's most pivotal scene.
Wed, October 28th, 2015
- "Captain America: Sam Wilson" is the Book We Need Right Now
As the presidential election cycle gears up and partisan politics intensify, Brett White cites the new Cap book as essential reading.
Wed, October 21st, 2015
- Star Wars: The Empathy Awakens
Things are pretty great for Star Wars fans lately, but Brett White has words for those that want to ruin things with hate.
Wed, September 30th, 2015
- Comics and the Dilemma of Wanting More
Comic book fans want new stories starring their heroes on a monthly basis, and Brett White wants to know if that's really for the best.
Wed, September 23rd, 2015
- How "Age Of Apocalypse" Made Me A Better Comic Fan
Twenty years later, Brett White recounts how the massive X-Men event forever changed the way he looks at comics.
Thu, September 17th, 2015
- Plot vs. Character and "Extraordinary X-Men"
With Jeff Lemire & Humberto Ramos' new X-Men series heading back into "No More Mutants" territory, Brett White reveals why he's okay with that.
Wed, September 9th, 2015
- Can't Help It -- I'm All In For Star Wars Again
Despite his initial trepidation about the blind mania of #ForceFriday, Brett White has given in to his feelings and become one with the Force again.
Wed, September 2nd, 2015
- Thanks For Making Me Cry, "Daredevil"
After reading the last issue of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's "Daredevil," Brett White looks back on all the feelings this run gave him.
Wed, August 26th, 2015
- The X-Men Need Multiple Man
After two years apart, Brett White reconnects with his inner Madrox fan and discovers just how important the character is.
Wed, August 19th, 2015
- Deadpool Ain't My Idea of Queer Representation
With Marvel's lack of queer leads drawing criticism, Brett White examines the complications he sees regarding Deadpool as an omnisexual antihero.
Wed, August 12th, 2015
- Comic Reading and Comic Collecting are Two Separate Jams
Now that he's gone digital, Brett White realizes that collecting comics and reading comics are two different hobbies with different rewards.
Wed, August 5th, 2015
- Why Bisexual Hercules Matters To Me
Following the recent discussion regarding Hercules' sexual orientation, Brett White discusses how this particular development affected him.
Wed, July 29th, 2015
- An Open Letter To Channing Tatum To Save "Gambit"
With rumors of his "Gambit" departure swirling, Brett White pleads with the star of "Magic Mike XXL" not to leave the upcoming X-Men solo film.
Wed, July 22nd, 2015
- What All Superhero Films Can Learn From "Ant-Man"
With its unique and personal third act, Brett White hopes future Marvel movies will take a chance when it comes to endings.
Wed, July 15th, 2015
- The "Deadpool" Trailer's Joke Deficiency
Brett White shoves some soap in the "Deadpool" trailer's mouth and explains why he wants to see better jokes in the Merc's movie.