"Rowdy" Roddy Piper Reported Dead at 61
Showing results 15-54 of 148
Wed, April 15th, 2015
- Talking Foggy Nelson with "Daredevil's" Elden Henson
Foggy Nelson superfan Brett White goes one-on-one with the actor tasked with bringing Matt Murdock's best bud to life.
Wed, April 8th, 2015
- I Love Daredevil
In anticipation of the Man Without Fear's Netflix debut, Brett White talks about his Daredevil love and why the hero is more than Marvel's Batman.
Fri, April 3rd, 2015
- The Case For A PG-13 "Deadpool"
Following the reveal of "Deadpool's" R rating, Brett White offers the case for a more inclusive rating.
Wed, March 25th, 2015
- The X-Force/"Fast & Furious" Connection
Brett White has come to realize why he's so pumped for "Furious 7" -- it's basically an "X-Force" movie.
Wed, March 18th, 2015
- The Social Side Of Comics
Following a trio of recent controversies, Brett White examines how his comic book social life has changed.
Wed, March 11th, 2015
- Where Have All the LGBT Heroes Gone?
Brett White examined Marvel's diverse lineup of books and noticed that one section of the population is underrepresented.
Wed, February 25th, 2015
- "Who Is Marvel's Wonder Woman?" Part 3
Revisiting the question for a third time, Brett White reflects on a blockbuster year for the women of Marvel.
Thu, February 19th, 2015
- What Superhero Films Can Learn From "Charlie's Angels"
Brett White wants comic book movies to learn a thing or two from this ridiculous-yet-progressive female-driven action franchise.
Wed, February 11th, 2015
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the X-Men
The recent Sony/Marvel deal kicked up Brett White's X-Paranoia again, but this time he figured out a way to fight those feelings.
Wed, February 4th, 2015
- "Daredevil's" Big Hairy Problem
Brett White has something to get off his chest about what's been removed from actor Charlie Cox's chest for his lead role as Daredevil.
Wed, January 28th, 2015
- Where Are All the Black Widow Toys?
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" toy lines have been announced, and Brett White has a problem with their lack of Natasha Romanoff.
Wed, January 21st, 2015
- My Personal "Secret Wars" War
In light of yesterday's "Secret Wars" reveals, Brett White is of two minds when it comes to Marvel's new event -- but which one will win out?
Wed, January 14th, 2015
- The 2014 Colorist Hall Of Fame Inductees
Brett White inducts five more comic book colorists into his personal -- yet still very prestigious -- Colorist Hall of Fame.
Wed, January 7th, 2015
- Best of 2014
Brett White reflects on 2014 by counting down his ten favorite series and single issues from the previous year.
Wed, December 17th, 2014
- Surprise! I Love "Flash Gordon!"
Brett White expresses his newfound appreciation for the classic character thanks to the work done by Jeff Parker, Evan Shaner and Jordie Bellaire.
Wed, December 3rd, 2014
- We Don't Need a Straight Daryl Dixon
Brett White expresses his disappointment in Robert Kirkman's decision to play it safe when it comes to "The Walking Dead's" breakout character.
Wed, November 26th, 2014
- The First Ever In Your Face-Giving Thanks-Jam
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Brett lists the comics, movies and television shows he's thankful for -- and caps it off with a sexy swimsuit special surprise.
Wed, November 19th, 2014
Brett White rallies the troops behind Marvel's "Storm" ongoing written by Greg Pak, the best comic you aren't reading.
Wed, November 5th, 2014
- There Is Only One Captain Marvel
Brett White takes on all the Cap Trolls and explains why people need to accept that Billy is Shazam and Carol is Captain Marvel.
Wed, October 29th, 2014
- It's Not a Question of "Captain Marvel" Vs. "Black Widow"
Writer Brett White examines his fondness for Carol Danvers and explains why her feature film does not diminish Black Widow's place in the MCU.
Wed, October 22nd, 2014
- "She-Hulk" and the False Promise of 'Ongoing'
The cancellation of Marvel's "She-Hulk" series has worked Brett White into a frenzy, and he's calling for changes to the way comics are marketed.
Wed, October 1st, 2014
- Equality And The Feminist Mission Statement of "Thor" #1
Writer Brett White's explains how the debut issue embodies the most often forgotten word in "feminism's" definition.
Wed, September 24th, 2014
- The Danger of the Disappearing X-Men
Writer Brett White's head might understand why Marvel's mutants have taken a backseat, but that doesn't mean his heart is any less broken.
Wed, September 17th, 2014
- What's Next For Gwen Stacy, the Spider-Woman?
Now that her amazing debut is behind her, Brett White hopes that this isn't the last we've seen of the new Gwen Stacy.
Wed, September 10th, 2014
- When The X-Men Go Solo -- And Succeed
Brett White praises the risks being taken by new ongoing series "Storm," "Cyclops," "Magneto," and "Nightcrawler."
Wed, September 3rd, 2014
- The Best Avengers Wear Bomber Jackets
Marvel's '90s "Avengers" comics may owe a lot to the X-Men, but that's exactly why Brett White loves them.
Wed, August 27th, 2014
- Flipping Through The Weirdly Subversive "Marvel Swimsuit Specials"
If you can't get enough of seeing Marvel's muscular males in ridiculous swimsuits, then Brett White has a treat for you.
Wed, August 20th, 2014
- I'm Proud Of "Superior Foes Of Spider-Man"
Even though he played no part in the book's creation, Brett White feels a curious swelling of pride for the soon-to-conclude comedy comic.
Wed, August 13th, 2014
- Weathering The Storm With "Storm"
With tragedy after tragedy unfolding in the news, Brett White looks to Ororo Munroe's new series to find a sense of hope.
Wed, August 6th, 2014
- Marvel Studios' "Black Widow" Waiting Game
Brett believes Marvel Studios could make the first unquestionably great female superhero movie -- but he might be getting tired of waiting.
Wed, July 30th, 2014
- Comics Come Alive at SDCC
Brett White dispels the misguided notion that there are no comics at the infamous comic convention.
Wed, July 23rd, 2014
- The Re-Reader's Conundrum
As he prepares for his SDCC trip, Brett White wonders why he doesn't re-read his favorite comics more often.
Wed, July 16th, 2014
- In Support Of Marvel's All-New Thor
In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, Brett White loves the reimagined Thor!
Wed, July 9th, 2014
- Dissent & Respect: Learning From the #FireRickRemender Uproar
Brett hopes to see more empathy and understanding from both sides of social media arguments, but he really just wants the outrage cycle to stop.
Wed, July 2nd, 2014
- So You Wanna Write About Comics?
Brett White reveals how he broke into the wild world of comic book journalism, and explains why he won't work for free.
Wed, June 25th, 2014
- Brett's Top 10 Hottest Comic Dudes
Things get super personal as Brett celebrates his 100th IYFJ by counting down his comic book crushes.
Wed, June 18th, 2014
- The Special Edition NYC Show Report
Brett shares his thoughts, negative and positive, about New York City's all-new, all-comics summer convention.
Wed, June 11th, 2014
- Learning From "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes"
Brett comes clean as a video game novice and reveals what the brick-based Marvel adventure has taught him.
Wed, June 4th, 2014
- Southern Pride and "Southern Bastards"
"Southern Bastards," Jason Aaron and Jason Latour's new Image Comics series, hits Brett a little close to home.
Wed, May 28th, 2014
- X-Men: Reactions of Future Past
Brett loved the latest X-Men film, but he still highlights two seriously big problems that do need to be addressed for the next installment.