8 Marvel Movie Fights That Kicked All the Ass
Comic Books, Film
Showing results 23-62 of 181
Wed, October 28th, 2015
- "Captain America: Sam Wilson" is the Book We Need Right Now
As the presidential election cycle gears up and partisan politics intensify, Brett White cites the new Cap book as essential reading.
Wed, October 21st, 2015
- Star Wars: The Empathy Awakens
Things are pretty great for Star Wars fans lately, but Brett White has words for those that want to ruin things with hate.
Wed, September 30th, 2015
- Comics and the Dilemma of Wanting More
Comic book fans want new stories starring their heroes on a monthly basis, and Brett White wants to know if that's really for the best.
Wed, September 23rd, 2015
- How "Age Of Apocalypse" Made Me A Better Comic Fan
Twenty years later, Brett White recounts how the massive X-Men event forever changed the way he looks at comics.
Thu, September 17th, 2015
- Plot vs. Character and "Extraordinary X-Men"
With Jeff Lemire & Humberto Ramos' new X-Men series heading back into "No More Mutants" territory, Brett White reveals why he's okay with that.
Wed, September 9th, 2015
- Can't Help It -- I'm All In For Star Wars Again
Despite his initial trepidation about the blind mania of #ForceFriday, Brett White has given in to his feelings and become one with the Force again.
Wed, September 2nd, 2015
- Thanks For Making Me Cry, "Daredevil"
After reading the last issue of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's "Daredevil," Brett White looks back on all the feelings this run gave him.
Wed, August 26th, 2015
- The X-Men Need Multiple Man
After two years apart, Brett White reconnects with his inner Madrox fan and discovers just how important the character is.
Wed, August 19th, 2015
- Deadpool Ain't My Idea of Queer Representation
With Marvel's lack of queer leads drawing criticism, Brett White examines the complications he sees regarding Deadpool as an omnisexual antihero.
Wed, August 12th, 2015
- Comic Reading and Comic Collecting are Two Separate Jams
Now that he's gone digital, Brett White realizes that collecting comics and reading comics are two different hobbies with different rewards.
Wed, August 5th, 2015
- Why Bisexual Hercules Matters To Me
Following the recent discussion regarding Hercules' sexual orientation, Brett White discusses how this particular development affected him.
Wed, July 29th, 2015
- An Open Letter To Channing Tatum To Save "Gambit"
With rumors of his "Gambit" departure swirling, Brett White pleads with the star of "Magic Mike XXL" not to leave the upcoming X-Men solo film.
Wed, July 22nd, 2015
- What All Superhero Films Can Learn From "Ant-Man"
With its unique and personal third act, Brett White hopes future Marvel movies will take a chance when it comes to endings.
Wed, July 15th, 2015
- The "Deadpool" Trailer's Joke Deficiency
Brett White shoves some soap in the "Deadpool" trailer's mouth and explains why he wants to see better jokes in the Merc's movie.
Wed, July 1st, 2015
- 45 Thoughts About "All-New, All-Different Marvel"
With 45 new #1 issues announced today, Brett White lets loose all of his hopes, dreams and fears regarding the new Marvel Universe.
Wed, June 24th, 2015
- Why Am I Obsessed With Action Figures?!
Get a load of Brett's toy collection as he figures out when this obsession started and why it will probably never end.
Wed, June 17th, 2015
- Lessons Learned at Flame Con
Brett White learned about the value of both embracing and rejecting stereotypes and labels at NYC's first LGBT comic con.
Wed, June 10th, 2015
- The Diversity of Special Edition: NYC
After attending the new NYC con, Brett White reflects on the show's progressive panels and interviews the people behind two of them.
Wed, June 3rd, 2015
- About That Big "Star Wars" Reveal...
Of course lifelong Star Wars superfan Brett White has more than a thousand words to say about the retcon in Marvel's "Star Wars" #6.
Wed, May 27th, 2015
- "X-Men '92," "Inferno" Reveal the Secret of "Secret Wars"
After reading -- and loving -- this week's "Secret Wars" series, Brett White has just one tiny quibble with the Marvel Comics event.
Wed, May 20th, 2015
- David Letterman Is My Professor X
With the legendary host ending his run tonight, Brett White looks back on his time at "Late Show" through X-Men-tinted glasses.
Wed, May 13th, 2015
- Did "Secret Wars" Just Win Me Over?
Despite his aversion to alternate reality storylines, "Secret Wars" #2 might have just sold Brett White on Marvel's new event.
Wed, May 6th, 2015
- "Age Of Ultron" and the Great Black Widow Debate
Black Widow superfan Brett White tries to sort out all of the character's controversial reveals in the wake of "Avengers: Age of Ultron."
Wed, April 29th, 2015
- The MCU Avengers Are My Avengers
With "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" days away from opening, Brett White declares his love for one very specific version of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
Wed, April 22nd, 2015
- About That Gay Iceman Scene...
With Bobby Drake outed as of "All-New X-Men" #40, Brett White shares his possibly too personal thoughts about the coming out scene.
Wed, April 15th, 2015
- Talking Foggy Nelson with "Daredevil's" Elden Henson
Foggy Nelson superfan Brett White goes one-on-one with the actor tasked with bringing Matt Murdock's best bud to life.
Wed, April 8th, 2015
- I Love Daredevil
In anticipation of the Man Without Fear's Netflix debut, Brett White talks about his Daredevil love and why the hero is more than Marvel's Batman.
Fri, April 3rd, 2015
- The Case For A PG-13 "Deadpool"
Following the reveal of "Deadpool's" R rating, Brett White offers the case for a more inclusive rating.
Wed, March 25th, 2015
- The X-Force/"Fast & Furious" Connection
Brett White has come to realize why he's so pumped for "Furious 7" -- it's basically an "X-Force" movie.
Wed, March 18th, 2015
- The Social Side Of Comics
Following a trio of recent controversies, Brett White examines how his comic book social life has changed.
Wed, March 11th, 2015
- Where Have All the LGBT Heroes Gone?
Brett White examined Marvel's diverse lineup of books and noticed that one section of the population is underrepresented.
Wed, February 25th, 2015
- "Who Is Marvel's Wonder Woman?" Part 3
Revisiting the question for a third time, Brett White reflects on a blockbuster year for the women of Marvel.
Thu, February 19th, 2015
- What Superhero Films Can Learn From "Charlie's Angels"
Brett White wants comic book movies to learn a thing or two from this ridiculous-yet-progressive female-driven action franchise.
Wed, February 11th, 2015
- How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the X-Men
The recent Sony/Marvel deal kicked up Brett White's X-Paranoia again, but this time he figured out a way to fight those feelings.
Wed, February 4th, 2015
- "Daredevil's" Big Hairy Problem
Brett White has something to get off his chest about what's been removed from actor Charlie Cox's chest for his lead role as Daredevil.
Wed, January 28th, 2015
- Where Are All the Black Widow Toys?
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" toy lines have been announced, and Brett White has a problem with their lack of Natasha Romanoff.
Wed, January 21st, 2015
- My Personal "Secret Wars" War
In light of yesterday's "Secret Wars" reveals, Brett White is of two minds when it comes to Marvel's new event -- but which one will win out?
Wed, January 14th, 2015
- The 2014 Colorist Hall Of Fame Inductees
Brett White inducts five more comic book colorists into his personal -- yet still very prestigious -- Colorist Hall of Fame.
Wed, January 7th, 2015
- Best of 2014
Brett White reflects on 2014 by counting down his ten favorite series and single issues from the previous year.
Wed, December 17th, 2014
- Surprise! I Love "Flash Gordon!"
Brett White expresses his newfound appreciation for the classic character thanks to the work done by Jeff Parker, Evan Shaner and Jordie Bellaire.