Axel-In-Charge: Waid & Samnee on "Black Widow" and the Dawn of the All-New, All-Different Era
Showing results 1-40 of 1201
Tue, September 29th, 2015
- BKV & Chiang's "Paper Girls" #1 Captures the '80s Beautifully
The highly anticipated "Paper Girls" #1 from Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang is out next week, and Augie has a spoiler-free review.
Tue, September 22nd, 2015
- The iPad Pro and Creating Comic Books
Augie looks at the upcoming iPad Pro, whether it's a Cintiq killer and what it will take to get there, plus more fun from comics past and present!
Tue, September 15th, 2015
- 15 Panels from 15 Comics
Augie digs through his longboxes and shares some of the funniest and most thought provoking panels he can find.
Tue, September 8th, 2015
- You Can't Get More X-Men-ish Than This Issue
Augie explains why one issue in particular might just be the Uncanniest X-Men-iest Marvel Comic of the '90s.
Tue, September 1st, 2015
- Rethinking Marvel's "Generation X"
Augie changes his tune on Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo's teenage mutant saga, and did Joe Casey's "Wildcats v3" predict modern day technology?
Tue, August 25th, 2015
- Looking Back on Dustin Nguyen, From "Wildcats 3.0" to "Descender"
Augie looks at the artwork of Dustin Nguyen, analyzing the evolution from his "Wildcats 3.0" run to his current "Descender" work.
Tue, August 18th, 2015
- Remember When Erik Larsen & Jeff Matsuda Sent Wolverine Into Space?
Augie looks at the old school funnybook yarn Larsen & Matsuda delivered to Marvel 16 years ago, in a story that's as fun today as it was then.
Tue, August 11th, 2015
- Of Wieringo, Rogue & Extreme Studios
Augie looks back on Marvel's "Rogue" miniseries by Howard Mackie, Mike Wieringo, and Terry Austin, and shares some mail from Extreme Studios.
Tue, August 4th, 2015
- The Genius of "RunLoveKill," and Revisiting Douglas Adams
"RunLoveKill" shows how to tell a story with colors and controlled chaos, and Augie finds parallels between Douglas Adams' career and the world of comics.
Tue, July 28th, 2015
- Superman vs Batman vs Zombie Vampires, Plus "Ant-Man!"
Superman vs Batman. Versus Zombie Vampires? John Byrne and Art Adams did that in 1987! Plus, Augie's review of "Ant-Man"!
Tue, July 21st, 2015
- Podcasts, Concert Cartooning & French Comics
This week, a novel use of cartooning at music concerts, more French comics thoughts, another purge and some podcast recommendations
Tue, July 14th, 2015
- Augie's Annual SDCC Recap
Augie has the annual SDCC Post-Mortem, then launches into a review of Manga Studio 5, the best tool you can have for drawing comics digitally.
Tue, July 7th, 2015
- The Digital French Invasion Has Begun
Finally, French comics are being translated for digital distribution. This raises some questions for Augie.
Tue, June 30th, 2015
- Convention Panels of #SDCCs Past
With SDCC around the corner, Augie takes a trip down memory lane with pics from San Diego 15 years ago.
Tue, June 23rd, 2015
- The Ever-Expanding Modern Comics Library
Ever feel like there are comics classics you haven't read yet? Like other fans judge you for not having read something? Augie understands.
Tue, June 16th, 2015
- "Alex + Ada" Concludes, Marvel's Mighty Coloring Books Arrive
Augie bids farewell to Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn's "Alex + Ada," considers Marvel's new coloring books and revisits Alan Moore's "Mr. Majestic" story.
Tue, June 9th, 2015
- Wandering Through Marvel Comics History with "Nomad"
Augie revisits then up-and-coming artist S. Clarke Hawbaker's brief, bright run on "Nomad," Marvel's superhero answer to "Lone Wolf and Cub."
Tue, June 2nd, 2015
- Revisiting Lobdell, Charest, Casey & Phillips' "Wildcats"
Remember that time Travis Charest drew "Wildcats?" Augie re-acquainted himself with those issues and reports back on how they hold up.
Tue, May 26th, 2015
- Continuing to Reminisce Over the Majesty of "Mr. Majestic"
With a creative roster of Joe Casey, Brian Holguin and Ed McGuinness, the late-nineties Wildstorm series couldn't help but be good!
Tue, May 19th, 2015
- "Mister Majestic" Still Holds Up
"Mister Majestic" came out 15 years ago and didn't make it past issue #9, but it's still a great read. Augie explains why in this first of two parts.
Tue, May 12th, 2015
- Fan Art, Heath Ledger as Spidey & More
Augie unearths his 20 year old fan art, then shares a look in his current sketchbook. Plus, remember when Heath Ledger was in line to play Spider-Man?
Tue, May 5th, 2015
- "Age of Ulton," "Agents of SHIELD" & Todd McFarlane Art
Augie liked "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," and continues to enjoy "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD." Plus, more of Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man pencil work!
Tue, April 28th, 2015
- Revisiting the "Epic" Conclusion of "All-Star Batman and Robin"
Augie finishes up his epic re-read of "All Star Batman," and looks at what might have been.
Tue, April 21st, 2015
- Analyzing Rarely Seen McFarlane Spider-Man Pencils
Augie unearths copies of some of Todd McFarlane's original "Amazing Spider-Man" pencils, revisits the week in movie trailers and more!
Tue, April 14th, 2015
- "RunLoveKill," "Daredevil on Netflix" & More
"RunLoveKill" #1 features one of the best bits of music in comics Augie's seen. Plus, Netflix's" "Daredevil" and a comics format waiting for a break-out hit!
Tue, April 7th, 2015
- Read Comics, Learn a Second Language
Augie finds out that they sell digital comics in France, too, and gets more than a little bit excited about expanding his linguistic parameters.
Tue, March 31st, 2015
- Green Lantern, Yellow Lemonade and The G-D Batman
At last, we've come to the best issue of Frank Miller and Jim Lee's "All Star Batman and Robin," served with a tall glass of yellow lemonade!
Tue, March 24th, 2015
- Comic Art is Expensive, and Drawing Hands is Tricky
Augie catches up with Christie's recent auction of Franco-Belgian comic art, then explains why he turned to French comics when learning to draw hands.
Tue, March 17th, 2015
- About That "Batgirl" Variant...
DC Comics may have pulled the controversial "Batgirl" cover, but Augie believes the way in which it happened leaves something to be desired.
Tue, March 10th, 2015
- Valiant's Movie Precedent, Miller & Lee's "All Star" Joker
Augie compares Valiant's movie deal to Marvel and CrossGen's, finds a "Lone Wolf and Cub" magic trick video, and goes deep into the Joker issue of "All Star Batman."
Tue, March 3rd, 2015
- Augie's Life Is Like A Hurricane...
"Duck Tales" is returning, but instead of celebrating, Augie explains why he's sensing d-d-d-danger for the reboot.
Tue, February 24th, 2015
- "Art of Home" Is A Solid, if Uninspiring Art Book
Another upcoming animated film, "Home," gets an art book, and Augie gives it a read before he reviews the replacement for his beloved Wacom tablet.
Tue, February 17th, 2015
- "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray Review
The "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray presents the movie well, though the total package is lacking. Plus, "All Star Batman and Robin" brings Black Canary and Batman together!
Tue, February 10th, 2015
- DC's Reboot, Spidey's Marvel Studios Debut & More All-Star Batman
Augie shares his thoughts on DC's upcoming relaunch as well as the big Spider-Man movie news. Also, the epic reread of "All Star Batman and Robin" returns!
Tue, February 3rd, 2015
- "Secret Wars" Hopes, Marvel Rejection & More Scrooge McDuck
Augie makes some suggestions for "Secret Wars," looks at the many formats he's read the same book in, and shares his own Marvel rejection letter.
Tue, January 27th, 2015
- Of Disney Books and #FourComics
Disney drives Augie crazy, as the Big Hero 6 art book and the Don Rosa Library are great books scarred with one nit-pick each, sparking an epic tirade.
Tue, January 20th, 2015
- Pascal Campion's New Book, Con Mergers & More
Augie's new favorite art book comes from Pascal Campion. Also, his proposal for an All-New Avengers team, and thoughts on recent convention mergers.
Tue, January 13th, 2015
- The McSpidey Chronicles Reaches its Epic Conclusion
This week, Augie reaches the last issue of Todd McFarlane's "Amazing Spdier-Man" run. Will things end with a bang... or a whimper?
Tue, January 6th, 2015
- To Purge Comics, or Not to Purge - the Collector's Conundrum
Augie purges a thousand comics, realizing his massive disorganization, while listening to good comics podcasts. Plus, the McSpidey Chronicles' Penultimate Chapter!
Tue, December 30th, 2014
- The 2014 Year in Review Spectacular
Augie reviews the year that was in 2014, and how Pipeline changed over the course of it.