Showing results 1-40 of 1156
Tue, November 18th, 2014
- Penguins & Painting, "All Star Batman" Re-Read, and Follow-Ups
Augie learns new coloring techniques in "Art of the Penguins of Madagascar," plus, the "All Star Batman and Robin" re-read gets to Black Canary's debut.
Tue, November 11th, 2014
- "Big Hero 6," Euro-style Image Comics, and McSpidey
Augie has good things to say about the lighting in "Big Hero 6," a possible new trend at Image Comics, and more McFarlane Spider-Man!
Tue, November 4th, 2014
- "Evil" Fairies and Frank Miller's GD Batman
Augie recaps "All-Star Batman and Robin" #2's issue-long car chase and chat, and reviews the "Maleficent" Blu-ray from a comic book reader's perspective.
Tue, October 28th, 2014
- "All-Star Batman and Robin" Re-Read, Episode One
Augie begins to chronicle the ten issues of "All-Star Batman and Robin" this week. Plus, is it time to throw all those comics out?
Tue, October 21st, 2014
- We Are Groot! And Spider-Man, and Batman, and...
Post-NYCC, Augie realizes comic characters belong to us all, Blue Sky Studios gets the best movie "Art of" book yet, and a return to the McSpidey Chronicles!
Tue, October 14th, 2014
- New York Comic Con Post-Game Recap
Augie went to an overcrowded NYCC and lived to tell the tale of comics bought and missed, cosplayers galore and Artist's Alley namedropping
Tue, October 7th, 2014
- Catching Up with Image Comics
Augie plays the catch up game in October, and offers his takes on three Image titles: "Shutter," "Wayward" and "Imperial."
Tue, September 30th, 2014
- GI Joe, Autobots Transform & Roll Out in WWII
Augie reviews a World War II-era Transformers/G.I. Joe team-up drawn by Jae Lee, and figures out where it went wrong.
Tue, September 23rd, 2014
- Farewell, Bendis Board
Augie bids adieu to the Bendis Board as the Internet evolves, and looks deep into the past for the latest McSpidey Chronicles.
Tue, September 16th, 2014
- Augie Stirs His First Comic Memories
The McSpidey Chronicles hits "Amazing Spider-Man" #318, Augie's first comic. Plus, Carl Barks talked digital comics in 1999!
Tue, September 9th, 2014
- Pak & Van Lente Teach Augie How to Make Comics Like a Pro
Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente give us the best book on how to produce comics, and a Duck comic turns out to be a disappointment. Plus, Spider-Man versus Venom!
Tue, September 2nd, 2014
- Uncovering A "Lost" Don Rosa Comic
Augie finds a Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck story he missed, and loves its emotional connections. Plus, learning to love Instagram, and a new McSpidey Chronicle!
Tue, August 26th, 2014
- Augie Liked "Rocket Raccoon" Before You Did
Augie fires up his Wayback Machine to revisit the '80s "Rocket Raccon" miniseries and the underappreciated "Batgirl" mini from 2003.
Tue, August 19th, 2014
- Senior Comic Book Analyst, Augie De Blieck Jr.
Augie revisits his appearance on CNBC last week to talk about the business of comics, and shares the behind the scenes story.
Tue, August 12th, 2014
- ASL Superheroing, Con Vs. Con & More McSpidey
Augie revisits the ASL issue of "Supergirl," dives into the lawsuit over the term "Comic-Con" and looks at more of Todd McFarlane's Spidey.
Tue, August 5th, 2014
- The SDCC Post-Show
In the wake of SDCC, can we really declare winners and losers? And the McSpidey Chronicles catches up to The Lizard and shark-infested roadways.
Tue, July 29th, 2014
- A Guy Walks Into A Convention Other Than SDCC...
According to Augie, someone held at least two conventions last week other than Comic-Con International, and he's here to compare them.
Tue, July 22nd, 2014
- DC's Television Synergy & Classic McFarlane Art
Augie posits a theory about DC Comics' march towards television synergy. Plus, The McSpidey Chronicles hits the best McFarlane artwork yet!
Tue, July 15th, 2014
- Bendis' New Writing Book & SDCC's Scheduling
Brian Bendis' comics writing book comes out next week, and Augie has an early review. Plus, what does this year's SDCC schedule hint at for the future?
Tue, July 8th, 2014
- Recalling The Origins of Pipeline
Augie unearths some ancient Pipeline artifacts, and then shares pics from a recent visit at the CBR offices. Also, the McSpidey Chronicles return!
Tue, July 1st, 2014
- Todd McFarlane. Spider-Man. Smurfs.
The McSpidey Chronicles get sidetracked this week as Augie shows off his side project interpreting Todd McFarlane's art, but with Smurfs.
Tue, June 24th, 2014
- Remembering Ringo & Waid's "Flash"
On Mike Wieringo's 51st birthday, Augie takes a look at his and Mark Waid's "Flash" run and the strengths of each creator.
Tue, June 17th, 2014
- Reflecting on "Saga," "Alex + Ada" & More
Augie looks at some recent Image titles this week, including "Alex + Ada," "Starlight," "Saga," and "Real Heroes." Plus, what makes for a failed art book?
Tue, June 10th, 2014
- Revisiting Kirkman's Cap & McFarlane's Spidey
Augie looks at Robert Kirkman's "Captain America" storyline, and the time Todd McFarlane drew a Batman-like villain fighting Spider-Man.
Tue, June 3rd, 2014
- Fantastic Four Musings
Augie has some random thoughts on the Fantastic Four rumors swirling about, and is disappointed by the reprint quality in the Spider-Man Omnibus.
Tue, May 27th, 2014
- Coloring Ain't Easy
Augie tries his hand at coloring, realizing his limitations and playing with a new tool, and the latest McSpidey Chronicles finds McFarlane hitting his stride.
Tue, May 20th, 2014
- Revisiting Warren Ellis' "JLA Classified"
Augie takes a look at "the most Warren Ellis comic of 2004," and the McSpidey Chronicles continue with the web-slinger on an adventure in Chicago.
Tue, May 13th, 2014
- Flashing Back to the Bwa-Ha-Ha Era
While DC is looking five years into the future, Augie goes back a decade with "Formerly Known as the Justice League." Plus, new McSpidey Chronicles!
Tue, May 6th, 2014
- Free Comic Book Day Musings
Augie's daughter experiences Free Comic Book Day, while her father reminisces over the cape Todd McFarlane gave the Prowler.
Tue, April 29th, 2014
- Amazon and comiXology, Cause and Effect
With comiXology stepping away from in-app purchases for iOS users, Augie puts the pieces together and attempts to make sense of its marketing.
Tue, April 22nd, 2014
- "Winter Soldier," Paul Lynde Superman, & More "Spider-Man"
This week, Augie saw the new "Captain America" movie, finds a TV Superman appearance from the 1960s, and looks at "Amazing Spider-Man" #304...
Tue, April 15th, 2014
- Teddy Ruxpin, Rob Liefeld, comiXology & "Frozen"
Augie ponders comiXology's fate, mourns Teddy Ruxpin's creator, praises Liefeld's inks and continues to explore Todd McFarlane's "Amazing Spider-Man."
Tue, April 8th, 2014
- When Spidey Fought a Man with the Powers of a Radioactive Jackrabbit
Augie looks briefly at this week's controversial issue of "Invincible," before exploring more McFarlane Spidey and the powers of a radioactive jackrabbit?!?
Tue, April 1st, 2014
- Rat Queens, Silver Sable and... "Ultimate Cerebus?"
Augie falls in love with the Rat Queens, tracks Todd McFarlane's growth as an inker, and a whole lot more.
Tue, March 25th, 2014
- Christie's Paris Auction, More Spider-Man and the Art of Overlap
Augie looks at a huge comic art auction in Paris, the use of overlap in art to create dimension, and "Amazing Spider-Man" #300.
Tue, March 18th, 2014
- Todd McFarlane, Spider-Man and Paul Schaeffer
The McSpidey Chronicles continue in Northern New Jersey as survivalists seek shelter and Todd McFarlane draws Paul Schaeffer. Really!
Tue, March 11th, 2014
- Augie Chronicles McFarlane's "Amazing Spider-Man"
Todd McFarlane's "Amazing Spider-Man" is the comic that brought Augie into comics. 25 years later, he's going back to review that run, issue by issue.
Tue, March 4th, 2014
- I Love It When Eric Stephenson Speaks
When the Internet gets boring, count on Eric Stephenson! Augie reacts to the recent ComicsPRO speech and what a "real comic" is about.
Tue, February 25th, 2014
- Revisiting Miller & Romita Jr.'s "Man Without Fear"
Augie looks at the classic "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear" from Frank Miller and John Romita Jr., and Francois Schuiten's work returns to English!
Tue, February 18th, 2014
- Slice-N-Dice Smurfs & Backpack Fairies
Augie drew a page of sequential art and survived! Barely. He shares with you what he's learned in the process. Also: A backpack fairy!