How "DC Universe: Rebirth" Fulfills Its Promise of Restoring Legacy to DC Comics
Showing results 1-40 of 1235
Tue, May 24th, 2016
- Remembering Uncle Scrooge, and the Significance of DC's "Rebirth"
Alan Young's death sparks thoughts of the divide between TV and comics Uncle Scrooges while "DC Universe: Rebirth" shows the extent of DC's woes.
Tue, May 17th, 2016
- Appreciating the Work of Darwyn Cooke, an Artist's Artist
Darwyn Cooke was a master storyteller whose medium just happened to be comics, thankfully for us.
Tue, May 10th, 2016
- Catching Up with Marvel's Star Wars Line, Starting with "Princess Leia"
Pipeline begins a deeper look at Marvel's recent Star Wars comics, starting with high praise for "Princess Leia" by Mark Waid and the Dodsons.
Tue, May 3rd, 2016
- Exploring Image's Oversized Comics
Pipeline looks Image's "Spawn" and "Walking Dead" coloring books, BKV and Skroce's "We Stand on Guard" in hardcover, and a Frank Cho art collection.
Tue, April 26th, 2016
- Revisiting Adam Hughes' "Gen13: Ordinary Heroes"
Adam Hughes wrote and drew "Ordinary Heroes," a two part Gen13 miniseries, 20 years ago. It's flawed, but beautifully presented.
Tue, April 19th, 2016
- Marvel Rocks the '90s (Again) This Fall
Jim Lee and John Byrne are all over Marvel's Fall releases, and what do Fred Hembeck and Scottie Young have in common? The Avengers!
Tue, April 12th, 2016
- Unearthing the Secrets of the "Gen13 Zine"
The Gen13 zine is one of the most interesting artifacts of fan communities in comics of the '90s. Cosplay, interviews, fan art, the works!
Tue, April 5th, 2016
- Sejic's "Blood Stain" Leaves its Mark
"Blood Stain" brings Linda Sejic's slice of life webcomic to print, with lots of bonuses, and "Mega Spirou" is a mega value.
Tue, March 29th, 2016
- Fake Supergirls, Real Teen Troubles
Augie revisits Adam Hughes and Lee Bermejo's story, where Gen13 and Superman stop an amnesiac Fairchild from destroying the city as Supergirl.
Tue, March 22nd, 2016
- It's Bamf-ing Time
Augie revisits Chris Claremont and Todd Nauck's year with Nightcrawler, giving him a love triangle and a set of Bamf sidekicks.
Tue, March 15th, 2016
- Four Rules for Happier Comic Book Reading
Pipeline brings you four rules for maximum comics reading enjoyment, and ponders the upcoming superhero team fight in "Captain America: Civil War."
Tue, March 8th, 2016
- 8 Comic-Based Adult Coloring Book Ideas
The adult coloring book trend has come to comics! Pipeline has eight suggestions for comics that might prove to be the most challenging you'll ever find.
Tue, March 1st, 2016
- In Which Wildstorm's Classic Teen Team Title Goes Goth
Humberto Ramos fills in for J. Scott Campbell as a gang of goth villains take on "Gen13." Plus, Jim Lee's TMNT, and the early, weird Internet.
Tue, February 23rd, 2016
- Examining Skottie Young's Storytelling Evolution
Young tells two different kinds of stories with "I Hate Fairyland" and "Little Marvels," plus "Lucky Luke" gets a makeover after 70 years.
Tue, February 16th, 2016
- Deadpool Begins, and Jim Lee Storms "Gen13"
Take a look back at three different Deadpool first issues, then take a trip to Italy for Jim Lee's issues of "Gen13."
Tue, February 9th, 2016
- The Art of Modern Comic Book Coloring
Augie takes a look at J. Scott Campbell, Nei Ruffino, Cliff Chiang, Matt Wilson and other artists' work in an effort to understand how a "color hold" works.
Tue, February 2nd, 2016
- The Beauty & Violence of Vaughan & Skroce's "We Stand On Guard"
Brian K. Vaughan and Steve Skroce go to war in Canada, while in the mid-90s, Gen13 heads to an island of warrior princesses.
Tue, January 26th, 2016
- What Will Be Comics' Next Big Storytelling Technique?
Now that we're out of the age of extreme decompression, what form of visual storytelling will take over modern day comic books?
Tue, January 19th, 2016
- Right Artist, Wrong Genre, and "Gen13" Brings the Rain(maker)
Augie looks at what happens when a favorite artists opts for a less than favorite genre, and we meet a new character in the epic "Gen13" re-read.
Tue, January 12th, 2016
- Coveting Todd McFarlane's "Lost" Spider-Man Art
Plus, it's time to take a look at Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey's "Injection," and then revisit "Gen13" #1.
Tue, January 5th, 2016
- McFarlane & Larsen Gel Creatively on "Spawn"
Image Comics co-founders Todd McFarlane and Erik Larsen have found their collaborative groove. Plus, Jim Lee draws "Gen13!"
Tue, December 29th, 2015
- 2015's Year in Review
It's the annual Pipeline Year In Review, remembering all the re-reads, the TV shows and movies, the art, the Franco-Belgian comics, and more!
Tue, December 22nd, 2015
- Celebrate the Holidays with Augie's "Gen13" Epic Re-read!
The epic "Gen13" re-read reaches the finale of Brandon Choi and J. Scott Campbell's original miniseries.
Tue, December 15th, 2015
- Remembering Mark Crilley's "Akiko"
It's time for the industry to learn how to look back on past, beloved comics, like Mark Crilley's "Akiko," properly.
Tue, December 8th, 2015
- "The Private Eye's" Spectacular Print Collection Has Arrived
Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin's hellish world-without-an-Internet comes to print in "The Private Eye." Plus, the Epic "Gen13" Re-Read continues!
Tue, December 1st, 2015
- Pitt Crashes the Epic "Gen13" Re-Read
Dale Keown's Pitt -- and Timmy -- join the "Gen13" fun as the re-read continues, and a podcast highlights the hard-working folks of TV animation.
Tue, November 24th, 2015
- McFarlane & Larsen, Together At Last!
Erik Larsen and Todd McFarlane join forces on "Spawn," but how do their styles blend? Plus, The Epic Gen13 Re-Read continues as the team is on the run.
Tue, November 17th, 2015
- The Epic "Gen13" Re-Read Begins...
The first issue of Gen13 came out over two decades ago, so now's the time to re-read it. Also, is the iPad Pro the Ultimate Comics Reading Device?
Tue, November 10th, 2015
- Revisiting J. Scott Campbell's Early Years
With a new art/interview book hitting the stands this week, it's time to re-evaluate the career of the superstar artist.
Tue, November 3rd, 2015
- The Art and Humor of "Rocket Raccoon"
Rocket Raccoon blasts into artful adventures thanks to Skottie Young and Jake Parker, Inktober ends, and which Wacom wannabe is worth buying?
Tue, October 27th, 2015
- Manga, Webcomics & The Next Generation of Comics Creators
The manga boom generation is set to take over the comics industry -- and that's not a bad thing.
Tue, October 20th, 2015
- Inktober Continues with Pagliacci & Harley Quinn
The Inktober celebration continues, with some crash courses in illustration thanks to the Society of Visual Storytelling.
Tue, October 13th, 2015
- The View from CBR's NYCC Skybox Was Mighty Fine
Augie's trip to NYCC left him feeling conflicted about comics, conventions and more. Plus, the Inktober journal continues!
Tue, October 6th, 2015
- It's Time to Celebrate Inktober 2015!
Augie is participating in this year's Inktober event, and is tracking what he's drawn and what he's learned in Pipeline.
Tue, September 29th, 2015
- BKV & Chiang's "Paper Girls" #1 Captures the '80s Beautifully
The highly anticipated "Paper Girls" #1 from Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang is out next week, and Augie has a spoiler-free review.
Tue, September 22nd, 2015
- The iPad Pro and Creating Comic Books
Augie looks at the upcoming iPad Pro, whether it's a Cintiq killer and what it will take to get there, plus more fun from comics past and present!
Tue, September 15th, 2015
- 15 Panels from 15 Comics
Augie digs through his longboxes and shares some of the funniest and most thought provoking panels he can find.
Tue, September 8th, 2015
- You Can't Get More X-Men-ish Than This Issue
Augie explains why one issue in particular might just be the Uncanniest X-Men-iest Marvel Comic of the '90s.
Tue, September 1st, 2015
- Rethinking Marvel's "Generation X"
Augie changes his tune on Scott Lobdell and Chris Bachalo's teenage mutant saga, and did Joe Casey's "Wildcats v3" predict modern day technology?
Tue, August 25th, 2015
- Looking Back on Dustin Nguyen, From "Wildcats 3.0" to "Descender"
Augie looks at the artwork of Dustin Nguyen, analyzing the evolution from his "Wildcats 3.0" run to his current "Descender" work.