Showing results 1-40 of 1171
Tue, March 3rd, 2015
- Augie's Life Is Like A Hurricane...
"Duck Tales" is returning, but instead of celebrating, Augie explains why he's sensing d-d-d-danger for the reboot.
Tue, February 24th, 2015
- "Art of Home" Is A Solid, if Uninspiring Art Book
Another upcoming animated film, "Home," gets an art book, and Augie gives it a read before he reviews the replacement for his beloved Wacom tablet.
Tue, February 17th, 2015
- "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray Review
The "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray presents the movie well, though the total package is lacking. Plus, "All Star Batman and Robin" brings Black Canary and Batman together!
Tue, February 10th, 2015
- DC's Reboot, Spidey's Marvel Studios Debut & More All-Star Batman
Augie shares his thoughts on DC's upcoming relaunch as well as the big Spider-Man movie news. Also, the epic reread of "All Star Batman and Robin" returns!
Tue, February 3rd, 2015
- "Secret Wars" Hopes, Marvel Rejection & More Scrooge McDuck
Augie makes some suggestions for "Secret Wars," looks at the many formats he's read the same book in, and shares his own Marvel rejection letter.
Tue, January 27th, 2015
- Of Disney Books and #FourComics
Disney drives Augie crazy, as the Big Hero 6 art book and the Don Rosa Library are great books scarred with one nit-pick each, sparking an epic tirade.
Tue, January 20th, 2015
- Pascal Campion's New Book, Con Mergers & More
Augie's new favorite art book comes from Pascal Campion. Also, his proposal for an All-New Avengers team, and thoughts on recent convention mergers.
Tue, January 13th, 2015
- The McSpidey Chronicles Reaches its Epic Conclusion
This week, Augie reaches the last issue of Todd McFarlane's "Amazing Spdier-Man" run. Will things end with a bang... or a whimper?
Tue, January 6th, 2015
- To Purge Comics, or Not to Purge - the Collector's Conundrum
Augie purges a thousand comics, realizing his massive disorganization, while listening to good comics podcasts. Plus, the McSpidey Chronicles' Penultimate Chapter!
Tue, December 30th, 2014
- The 2014 Year in Review Spectacular
Augie reviews the year that was in 2014, and how Pipeline changed over the course of it.
Tue, December 23rd, 2014
- The Best Comics of 2014
Augie lists the best nine comic series he read in 2014. Plus, the McSpidey Chronicles returns, featuring guest artist Erik Larsen!
Tue, December 16th, 2014
- The Return of Speculators and the Rise of Tumblr
Is "Star Wars" #1 a return of the speculator boom? Tumblr is great for comics. And the best McSpidey issue to date!
Tue, December 9th, 2014
- McSpidey's Back, and "Global Frequency's" Misfire
We don't know why comics go wrong, but one issue of Wildstorm's "Global Frequency" didn't quite work. Plus, the return of The McSpidey Chronicles!
Tue, December 2nd, 2014
- Cibopaths, Marvel's Secret Agents & Miller's Wonder Woman
Augie looks at "Chew" as it hits #45, finally catches up on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" season one and "All-Star Batman and Robin's" Wonder Woman debut.
Tue, November 25th, 2014
- "All-Star Batman," "Global Frequency," and Links
Augie looks at Warren Ellis' "Global Frequency" as a new TV series is announced. Plus, the next episode in the epic "All Star Batman" re-read.
Tue, November 18th, 2014
- Penguins & Painting, "All Star Batman" Re-Read, and Follow-Ups
Augie learns new coloring techniques in "Art of the Penguins of Madagascar," plus, the "All Star Batman and Robin" re-read gets to Black Canary's debut.
Tue, November 11th, 2014
- "Big Hero 6," Euro-style Image Comics, and McSpidey
Augie has good things to say about the lighting in "Big Hero 6," a possible new trend at Image Comics, and more McFarlane Spider-Man!
Tue, November 4th, 2014
- "Evil" Fairies and Frank Miller's GD Batman
Augie recaps "All-Star Batman and Robin" #2's issue-long car chase and chat, and reviews the "Maleficent" Blu-ray from a comic book reader's perspective.
Tue, October 28th, 2014
- "All-Star Batman and Robin" Re-Read, Episode One
Augie begins to chronicle the ten issues of "All-Star Batman and Robin" this week. Plus, is it time to throw all those comics out?
Tue, October 21st, 2014
- We Are Groot! And Spider-Man, and Batman, and...
Post-NYCC, Augie realizes comic characters belong to us all, Blue Sky Studios gets the best movie "Art of" book yet, and a return to the McSpidey Chronicles!
Tue, October 14th, 2014
- New York Comic Con Post-Game Recap
Augie went to an overcrowded NYCC and lived to tell the tale of comics bought and missed, cosplayers galore and Artist's Alley namedropping
Tue, October 7th, 2014
- Catching Up with Image Comics
Augie plays the catch up game in October, and offers his takes on three Image titles: "Shutter," "Wayward" and "Imperial."
Tue, September 30th, 2014
- GI Joe, Autobots Transform & Roll Out in WWII
Augie reviews a World War II-era Transformers/G.I. Joe team-up drawn by Jae Lee, and figures out where it went wrong.
Tue, September 23rd, 2014
- Farewell, Bendis Board
Augie bids adieu to the Bendis Board as the Internet evolves, and looks deep into the past for the latest McSpidey Chronicles.
Tue, September 16th, 2014
- Augie Stirs His First Comic Memories
The McSpidey Chronicles hits "Amazing Spider-Man" #318, Augie's first comic. Plus, Carl Barks talked digital comics in 1999!
Tue, September 9th, 2014
- Pak & Van Lente Teach Augie How to Make Comics Like a Pro
Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente give us the best book on how to produce comics, and a Duck comic turns out to be a disappointment. Plus, Spider-Man versus Venom!
Tue, September 2nd, 2014
- Uncovering A "Lost" Don Rosa Comic
Augie finds a Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck story he missed, and loves its emotional connections. Plus, learning to love Instagram, and a new McSpidey Chronicle!
Tue, August 26th, 2014
- Augie Liked "Rocket Raccoon" Before You Did
Augie fires up his Wayback Machine to revisit the '80s "Rocket Raccon" miniseries and the underappreciated "Batgirl" mini from 2003.
Tue, August 19th, 2014
- Senior Comic Book Analyst, Augie De Blieck Jr.
Augie revisits his appearance on CNBC last week to talk about the business of comics, and shares the behind the scenes story.
Tue, August 12th, 2014
- ASL Superheroing, Con Vs. Con & More McSpidey
Augie revisits the ASL issue of "Supergirl," dives into the lawsuit over the term "Comic-Con" and looks at more of Todd McFarlane's Spidey.
Tue, August 5th, 2014
- The SDCC Post-Show
In the wake of SDCC, can we really declare winners and losers? And the McSpidey Chronicles catches up to The Lizard and shark-infested roadways.
Tue, July 29th, 2014
- A Guy Walks Into A Convention Other Than SDCC...
According to Augie, someone held at least two conventions last week other than Comic-Con International, and he's here to compare them.
Tue, July 22nd, 2014
- DC's Television Synergy & Classic McFarlane Art
Augie posits a theory about DC Comics' march towards television synergy. Plus, The McSpidey Chronicles hits the best McFarlane artwork yet!
Tue, July 15th, 2014
- Bendis' New Writing Book & SDCC's Scheduling
Brian Bendis' comics writing book comes out next week, and Augie has an early review. Plus, what does this year's SDCC schedule hint at for the future?
Tue, July 8th, 2014
- Recalling The Origins of Pipeline
Augie unearths some ancient Pipeline artifacts, and then shares pics from a recent visit at the CBR offices. Also, the McSpidey Chronicles return!
Tue, July 1st, 2014
- Todd McFarlane. Spider-Man. Smurfs.
The McSpidey Chronicles get sidetracked this week as Augie shows off his side project interpreting Todd McFarlane's art, but with Smurfs.
Tue, June 24th, 2014
- Remembering Ringo & Waid's "Flash"
On Mike Wieringo's 51st birthday, Augie takes a look at his and Mark Waid's "Flash" run and the strengths of each creator.
Tue, June 17th, 2014
- Reflecting on "Saga," "Alex + Ada" & More
Augie looks at some recent Image titles this week, including "Alex + Ada," "Starlight," "Saga," and "Real Heroes." Plus, what makes for a failed art book?
Tue, June 10th, 2014
- Revisiting Kirkman's Cap & McFarlane's Spidey
Augie looks at Robert Kirkman's "Captain America" storyline, and the time Todd McFarlane drew a Batman-like villain fighting Spider-Man.
Tue, June 3rd, 2014
- Fantastic Four Musings
Augie has some random thoughts on the Fantastic Four rumors swirling about, and is disappointed by the reprint quality in the Spider-Man Omnibus.