Chris Pine Reportedly Closes "Wonder Woman" Deal
Showing results 1-40 of 1192
Tue, July 28th, 2015
- Superman vs Batman vs Zombie Vampires, Plus "Ant-Man!"
Superman vs Batman. Versus Zombie Vampires? John Byrne and Art Adams did that in 1987! Plus, Augie's review of "Ant-Man"!
Tue, July 21st, 2015
- Podcasts, Concert Cartooning & French Comics
This week, a novel use of cartooning at music concerts, more French comics thoughts, another purge and some podcast recommendations
Tue, July 14th, 2015
- Augie's Annual SDCC Recap
Augie has the annual SDCC Post-Mortem, then launches into a review of Manga Studio 5, the best tool you can have for drawing comics digitally.
Tue, July 7th, 2015
- The Digital French Invasion Has Begun
Finally, French comics are being translated for digital distribution. This raises some questions for Augie.
Tue, June 30th, 2015
- Convention Panels of #SDCCs Past
With SDCC around the corner, Augie takes a trip down memory lane with pics from San Diego 15 years ago.
Tue, June 23rd, 2015
- The Ever-Expanding Modern Comics Library
Ever feel like there are comics classics you haven't read yet? Like other fans judge you for not having read something? Augie understands.
Tue, June 16th, 2015
- "Alex + Ada" Concludes, Marvel's Mighty Coloring Books Arrive
Augie bids farewell to Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn's "Alex + Ada," considers Marvel's new coloring books and revisits Alan Moore's "Mr. Majestic" story.
Tue, June 9th, 2015
- Wandering Through Marvel Comics History with "Nomad"
Augie revisits then up-and-coming artist S. Clarke Hawbaker's brief, bright run on "Nomad," Marvel's superhero answer to "Lone Wolf and Cub."
Tue, June 2nd, 2015
- Revisiting Lobdell, Charest, Casey & Phillips' "Wildcats"
Remember that time Travis Charest drew "Wildcats?" Augie re-acquainted himself with those issues and reports back on how they hold up.
Tue, May 26th, 2015
- Continuing to Reminisce Over the Majesty of "Mr. Majestic"
With a creative roster of Joe Casey, Brian Holguin and Ed McGuinness, the late-nineties Wildstorm series couldn't help but be good!
Tue, May 19th, 2015
- "Mister Majestic" Still Holds Up
"Mister Majestic" came out 15 years ago and didn't make it past issue #9, but it's still a great read. Augie explains why in this first of two parts.
Tue, May 12th, 2015
- Fan Art, Heath Ledger as Spidey & More
Augie unearths his 20 year old fan art, then shares a look in his current sketchbook. Plus, remember when Heath Ledger was in line to play Spider-Man?
Tue, May 5th, 2015
- "Age of Ulton," "Agents of SHIELD" & Todd McFarlane Art
Augie liked "The Avengers: Age of Ultron," and continues to enjoy "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD." Plus, more of Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man pencil work!
Tue, April 28th, 2015
- Revisiting the "Epic" Conclusion of "All-Star Batman and Robin"
Augie finishes up his epic re-read of "All Star Batman," and looks at what might have been.
Tue, April 21st, 2015
- Analyzing Rarely Seen McFarlane Spider-Man Pencils
Augie unearths copies of some of Todd McFarlane's original "Amazing Spider-Man" pencils, revisits the week in movie trailers and more!
Tue, April 14th, 2015
- "RunLoveKill," "Daredevil on Netflix" & More
"RunLoveKill" #1 features one of the best bits of music in comics Augie's seen. Plus, Netflix's" "Daredevil" and a comics format waiting for a break-out hit!
Tue, April 7th, 2015
- Read Comics, Learn a Second Language
Augie finds out that they sell digital comics in France, too, and gets more than a little bit excited about expanding his linguistic parameters.
Tue, March 31st, 2015
- Green Lantern, Yellow Lemonade and The G-D Batman
At last, we've come to the best issue of Frank Miller and Jim Lee's "All Star Batman and Robin," served with a tall glass of yellow lemonade!
Tue, March 24th, 2015
- Comic Art is Expensive, and Drawing Hands is Tricky
Augie catches up with Christie's recent auction of Franco-Belgian comic art, then explains why he turned to French comics when learning to draw hands.
Tue, March 17th, 2015
- About That "Batgirl" Variant...
DC Comics may have pulled the controversial "Batgirl" cover, but Augie believes the way in which it happened leaves something to be desired.
Tue, March 10th, 2015
- Valiant's Movie Precedent, Miller & Lee's "All Star" Joker
Augie compares Valiant's movie deal to Marvel and CrossGen's, finds a "Lone Wolf and Cub" magic trick video, and goes deep into the Joker issue of "All Star Batman."
Tue, March 3rd, 2015
- Augie's Life Is Like A Hurricane...
"Duck Tales" is returning, but instead of celebrating, Augie explains why he's sensing d-d-d-danger for the reboot.
Tue, February 24th, 2015
- "Art of Home" Is A Solid, if Uninspiring Art Book
Another upcoming animated film, "Home," gets an art book, and Augie gives it a read before he reviews the replacement for his beloved Wacom tablet.
Tue, February 17th, 2015
- "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray Review
The "Big Hero 6" Blu-ray presents the movie well, though the total package is lacking. Plus, "All Star Batman and Robin" brings Black Canary and Batman together!
Tue, February 10th, 2015
- DC's Reboot, Spidey's Marvel Studios Debut & More All-Star Batman
Augie shares his thoughts on DC's upcoming relaunch as well as the big Spider-Man movie news. Also, the epic reread of "All Star Batman and Robin" returns!
Tue, February 3rd, 2015
- "Secret Wars" Hopes, Marvel Rejection & More Scrooge McDuck
Augie makes some suggestions for "Secret Wars," looks at the many formats he's read the same book in, and shares his own Marvel rejection letter.
Tue, January 27th, 2015
- Of Disney Books and #FourComics
Disney drives Augie crazy, as the Big Hero 6 art book and the Don Rosa Library are great books scarred with one nit-pick each, sparking an epic tirade.
Tue, January 20th, 2015
- Pascal Campion's New Book, Con Mergers & More
Augie's new favorite art book comes from Pascal Campion. Also, his proposal for an All-New Avengers team, and thoughts on recent convention mergers.
Tue, January 13th, 2015
- The McSpidey Chronicles Reaches its Epic Conclusion
This week, Augie reaches the last issue of Todd McFarlane's "Amazing Spdier-Man" run. Will things end with a bang... or a whimper?
Tue, January 6th, 2015
- To Purge Comics, or Not to Purge - the Collector's Conundrum
Augie purges a thousand comics, realizing his massive disorganization, while listening to good comics podcasts. Plus, the McSpidey Chronicles' Penultimate Chapter!
Tue, December 30th, 2014
- The 2014 Year in Review Spectacular
Augie reviews the year that was in 2014, and how Pipeline changed over the course of it.
Tue, December 23rd, 2014
- The Best Comics of 2014
Augie lists the best nine comic series he read in 2014. Plus, the McSpidey Chronicles returns, featuring guest artist Erik Larsen!
Tue, December 16th, 2014
- The Return of Speculators and the Rise of Tumblr
Is "Star Wars" #1 a return of the speculator boom? Tumblr is great for comics. And the best McSpidey issue to date!
Tue, December 9th, 2014
- McSpidey's Back, and "Global Frequency's" Misfire
We don't know why comics go wrong, but one issue of Wildstorm's "Global Frequency" didn't quite work. Plus, the return of The McSpidey Chronicles!
Tue, December 2nd, 2014
- Cibopaths, Marvel's Secret Agents & Miller's Wonder Woman
Augie looks at "Chew" as it hits #45, finally catches up on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" season one and "All-Star Batman and Robin's" Wonder Woman debut.
Tue, November 25th, 2014
- "All-Star Batman," "Global Frequency," and Links
Augie looks at Warren Ellis' "Global Frequency" as a new TV series is announced. Plus, the next episode in the epic "All Star Batman" re-read.
Tue, November 18th, 2014
- Penguins & Painting, "All Star Batman" Re-Read, and Follow-Ups
Augie learns new coloring techniques in "Art of the Penguins of Madagascar," plus, the "All Star Batman and Robin" re-read gets to Black Canary's debut.
Tue, November 11th, 2014
- "Big Hero 6," Euro-style Image Comics, and McSpidey
Augie has good things to say about the lighting in "Big Hero 6," a possible new trend at Image Comics, and more McFarlane Spider-Man!
Tue, November 4th, 2014
- "Evil" Fairies and Frank Miller's GD Batman
Augie recaps "All-Star Batman and Robin" #2's issue-long car chase and chat, and reviews the "Maleficent" Blu-ray from a comic book reader's perspective.
Tue, October 28th, 2014
- "All-Star Batman and Robin" Re-Read, Episode One
Augie begins to chronicle the ten issues of "All-Star Batman and Robin" this week. Plus, is it time to throw all those comics out?