For Comic-Con International: San Diego, I'll be highlighting each day's news in podcast format, throwing in some oddball commentary
along the way.
Today covers news from Preview Night and most of Day 1. The Really Big Announcements will come over the weekend, but here are some of the highlights thus far:
- Boom! Studios issued a press release announcing their GODFATHER: THE COMIC deal with Paramount. Let's see what Photoshop and a few DVDs can buy us there. . .
- Dark Horse launches INDIANA JONES, CREEPY, and EERIE - also will do archival reprints of old comics. As it turns out, the details I was asking for in the podcast are IN THIS STORY. ::sigh:: I read too quickly sometimes. . .
- HEROES on-line comics gets WildStorm/DC Comic compilation. Nobody's surprised. Most Obvious Comic/TV Cross-Promotion Ever.
- Microsoft announced HD-DVD drive price drop. HEROES and 300 go HD, also.
- Dreamworks options THE DAMNED and COURTNEY CRUMRIN -- both Oni publications.
- Marvel Stamps!
- Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas: Adi Granov and Jon Favreau. Where is Brian Singer's X-Men?
- 3 Day and Friday Sold Out
- DC Countdown to Final Crisis!
here. (Roughly 10 minutes, 3 MB.)
Subscribe to the show:
The Pipeline Podcast updates three times during the weekend. Check back here late Friday night or early Saturday morning for our next installment. The Image Founders panel is on Friday. Cross your fingers there won't be a riot. And, of course, Pipeline Commentary and Review will be updated throughout the weekend. Day 1 is already out there.
Please vote for this podcast at Podcast
Alley or Podcast Pickle.
Join the conversation at
New podcasts are uploaded weekly, usually on Tuesday nights. Click on the "Archives" link at the top of this page for more.
And don't forget to check out Pipeline Commentary and Review every Tuesday.