Official Press Release
Some of Alan Moore's earliest writing for DC Comics will be collected this June in the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE: THE DC UNIVERSE STORIES OF ALAN MOORE TP. This 208-page collection includes stories drawn by some of Moore's best-known collaborators and starring some of DC's greatest heroes.
The line-up of stories for ACROSS THE UNIVERSE includes
- "For the Man Who Has Everything" from SUPERMAN ANNUAL #11 with art by Dave Gibbons
- "The Jungle Line" (featuring Superman and Swamp Thing) from DC COMICS PRESENTS #85 with art by Rick Veitch & Al Williamson
- "Mortal Clay" from BATMAN ANNUAL #11 with art by George Freeman
- The 2-part backup story "Night Olympics" (featuring Green Arrow & Black Canary) from DETECTIVE COMICS #549-550 with art by Klaus Janson
- The 10-page story "Footsteps" (featuring the Phantom Stranger) from SECRET ORIGINS #10 with art by Joe Orlando
- The 2-part story "Father's Day" from VIGILANTE #17-18 with art by Jim Baikie
- Short backup stores from OMEGA MEN #26 & 27 with art by Kevin O'Neill, Paris Cullins & Rick Magyar
- Short backup stories from GREEN LANTERN #188 and GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2 & 3 with art by Gibbons, O'Neill and Bill Willingham
"It's no secret that Alan is one of the most brilliant, inventive, and versatile writers in comics, whether he's writing about Swamp Thing, Superman, Promethea, V FOR VENDETTA's V, or whoever," says Paul Levitz, DC's President & Publisher. "This is a great opportunity for fans to catch up on these seminal DC Universe stories, most of which have never been reprinted in the U.S. before."
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE also features a new cover and an introduction by Gibbons.