Official Press Release
DC Comics’ AFTER WATCHMEN, WHAT’S NEXT? program shifts into high gear with the unveiling of support for this marketing campaign and twenty of the “After Watchmen” titles.
Each book reflects an aspect of WATCHMEN’s broad appeal — from other works by Alan Moore to science fiction tales, and modern super hero action to sophisticated titles for mature readers — and is a great entry point for both new fans just discovering graphic novels and established readers looking to try something new.
“We recognize that the success of WATCHMEN opens doors to new readers, and we’re more than happy to use this opportunity to bring new readers into our world,” says Steve Rotterdam, DC’s Senior VP — Sales & Marketing.
The program is supported by a marketing campaign that includes the 32-page AFTER WATCHMEN, WHAT’S NEXT? booklet, set to arrive in Direct Sales comics shops today, March 11. This booklet, which will also be given away at comics conventions, highlights twenty of the “After Watchmen” titles, which are:
· ALL-STAR SUPERMAN VOL. 1
· BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM
· BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
· BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE
· EX MACHINA VOL. 1: THE FIRST HUNDRED DAYS
· FABLES VOL. 1: LEGENDS IN EXILE
· IDENTITY CRISIS
· KINGDOM COME
· THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN VOL. 1
· PLANETARY BOOK 1: ALL OVER THE WORLD AND OTHER STORIES
· PREACHER VOL.1: GONE TO TEXAS
· SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING
· THE SANDMAN VOL. 1: PRELUDES AND NOCTURNES
· SUPERMAN: RED SON
· TRANSMETROPOLITAN VOL. 1: BACK ON THE STREET
· Y: THE LAST MAN — UNMANNED
· V FOR VENDETTA
Additional support for the campaign includes:
· National consumer online banner advertising set to appear at AINTITCOOLNEWS.COM, IGN.COM, NEWSARAMA.COM and SLASHFILM.COM.
· In-house advertising running in all DC Universe, Vertigo and WildStorm comics throughout March.
· Checklist, header card, shelf talker, bag slick and bag stuffer for Direct Sales Comics Shops
· Promotions in bookstore chains
· E-mail blasts
· AFTER WATCHMEN, WHAT’S NEXT? group on Facebook coming soon
· MySpace email blast
And don’t miss the launch of the official afterwatchmen.com website, which goes live today. This website will spotlight an expanded list of “After Watchmen” titles that runs to about fifty high-profile books from the DC Universe, Vertigo and WildStorm.