Official Press Release
In 2009, Things From Another World and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund teamed up with comic book publishers and artists to help raise more than $30,000 for the CBLDF's annual auction at San Diego Comic-Con. Now TFAW is proud to announce the Second Annual SDCC Autograph Card/CBLDF Auction event.
This fundraiser is already off to an excellent start this year: TFAW is thrilled to announce the participation of their flagship partner, Image Comics, one of the premier comic book publishers in the nation. The stellar folks at Image Comics are serious about supporting the CBLDF, and they are kicking things off with donations of art from many of their colossally talented creators!
"We are very excited to partner with the CBLDF, Image Comics, and all of our other publisher and creator partners for this event," said TFAW Director of Marketing Andrew McIntire. "It's a wonderful way for artists and publishers to support the First Amendment rights of the comics community while promoting their signings in San Diego."
As with last year, TFAW is asking artists to create original works of art to donate to the CBLDF auction at San Diego Comic-Con. In exchange, each artist will receive 500 free limited-edition autograph cards of his or her sketch to distribute in San Diego, and TFAW will also give out additional copies at their booth during the Con.
Comics professionals who are interested in taking part are asked to please email Andrew McIntire with the subject line "CBLDF 2010 Auction" at their earliest convenience.
In order to participate, publishers and creators must provide the following by the dates below:
• June 16: Confirmation that they will participate, including the proper spellings of their first and last names and publishers, if applicable.
TFAW will still gladly accept new participants through July 9! However, creators and publishers must respond by June 16 if they want to be included in TFAW's SDCC Event Guide ad.
• July 9: A print-quality (300 dpi) B&W version of the creator's art (.EPS or .TIFF) for the limited-edition autograph cards, as well as a small JPG file for inclusion in the CBLDF's online auction preview.
• July 14: Deadline to send art to the CBLDF's NYC office (original art may also be delivered to the CBLDF's booth at SDCC by July 23).
Each card will include the artist's name, SDCC booth number, the publisher's logo (where applicable), and TFAW's logo. The back will feature information urging recipients to support the CBLDF and attend the auction at SDCC '10, as well as a brief sponsor message.
All of the proceeds from the auction of every piece will go to the CBLDF. Additionally, participants will receive the following:
• Frequent mention in the weeks leading up to, and after, SDCC '10 in the TFAW blog, newsletters, and social media profiles, and a permanent link on our CBLDF support page, which will reside on TFAW.com throughout 2010. This page will be referenced in all external online advertising and press releases.
• Inclusion in TFAW's ad in the SDCC '10 Event Guide (if confirmation of participation is received by June 16), which outlines the fundraising initiative and makes mention of all participating industry professionals.
• Public mention at the CBLDF's auction when the donated piece is offered.
• Recognition and mention on the CBLDF's website.
Visit TFAW's SDCC 2010 Auction page at http://www.tfaw.com/sdcc10-auction to see all of the participating publishers and creators!
If you're a comics professional who wants to participate in this event, or if you have any further questions, please email Andrew McIntire at email@example.com with the subject line "CBLDF 2010 Auction."
Things From Another World is one of the nation's premier retailers of comics, toys, collectibles, and pop-culture geek goodness. Find us online at http://www.tfaw.com.