Official Press Release
The Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award, presented under the auspices of Comic-Con Inter- national: San Diego, is given to an individual re- tailer who has done an outstanding job of support- ing the comics art medium both in the community and within the industry at large.
GUIDELINES for nomination include:
- Any retailer established in business for at least two years is eligible to be nominated.
- Anyone—retailers, professionals, fans—may place a name in nomination.
- A panel of industry judges selects a group of finalists to be subjected to an in-depth examination based on the award criteria.
- Winners will be announced as part of the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards at Comic-Con International on Friday, July 22, 2011.
- Previous winners are not eligible for nomination.
CRITERIA for judging include:
- Support of a wide variety of innovative material. Providing opportunities for creators’ material to reach buyers; stocking a diverse inventory.
- Knowledge. Working to stay informed on retailing as well as on the comics field.
- Community activity. Promoting comics to the community; maintaining relationships with schools and libraries; keeping active in social, business, and arts community organizations.
- Quality of store image. Innovative display approaches; using store design creatively.
- Adherence to standard ethical business practices.