GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Reports have surfaced that two new actors are under consideration for the lead role of Peter Quill in James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy" -- "Smallville's" Michael Rosenbaum and "The Dark Knight Rises" actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Although Gordon-Levitt's involvement is currently only a rumor, Rosenbaum confirmed he had read for the role via Twitter.
Rosenbaum reading for "Guardians of the Galaxy" shouldn't come as much of a surprise to fans of Gunn's. The actor has worked with Gunn in many of his projects including the recent video game "Lollipop Chainsaw."
Opens August 1, 2014
THE WALKING DEAD
"The Walking Dead" creator Robert Kirkman spoke with TV Line about the back half of the third season and what to expect from both Rick Grimes and the Governor.
"We haven’t seen him activated to the extent that he’s going to be activated in the back half of the season," Kirkman told TV Line. "He's going to be much more engaged and a little bit more aware of the threat that the prison represents. He's going to be on the warpath."
As for Rick, Kirkman described him as "a person who’s bearing the weight of everyone’s survival on his shoulders, and I think that’s become a little bit unbearable. He's certainly spiraling out of control. And now he's starting to see [dead people]. It's definitely a real problem."
Meanwhile, Danai Gurira spoke with E! Online about her role as Michonne and her killing of the Governor's zombified daughter.
"Initially, she thinks Penny's alive, and she's actually very gentle with her," Gurira told E! Online. "But then she finds Penny's a zombie and to Michonne, zombies are dead. She believes it's a very undignified way to function, so killing the little-girl zombie is actually a merciful act. [It's like] put her in a grave and put a cross on it and mourn her properly. But it's also oh, wow, this is what he loves. He took what I loved away [Andrea] and tried to kill me, so this is my perfect act of vengeance."
Gurira also discussed what viewers can expect from her character for the latter half of season three.
"She's kind of going through a becoming," she said. "In the first half of the season, she's very powerful but she has people problems. She has trouble relating to them. [By the finale] you start to see that she knows she needs Rick and his group. She knows she needs community, and that sort of propels her into the second half of the season, which is probably closer to what people know from the comic books. She starts to try to take a different track, in terms of investing not only in herself and her own survival but in other people's, too."
Returns February 10 on AMC.
This one's a huge rumor with no confirmation, so take it with a veritable carton of salt. Cosmic Book News has reported the rumored characters and cameos for the upcoming "Justice League" movie, which include Superman ("essentially the same character from 'Man of Steel,' and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character"), Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds' character from the movie) and more. Check out the full descriptions below.
• Superman is essentially the same character from "Man of Steel," and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in "Man of Steel" or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
DC Nation and Cartoon Network have released a plethora of new clips for the programming block including a preview of "Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld," "Thunder and Lightning" and more.
DC Nation airs Saturdays at 10:00 AM on Cartoon Network
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER
It looks like Hayley Atwell won't be returning for the "Captain America" sequel. Atwell, who played Peggy Carter in "The First Avenger," confirmed to TimeOut that she will not return for "The Winter Soldier." So, no flashbacks to the past with Peggy Carter.
Opens April 4, 2014
SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR
Opens October 4, 2013