Official Press Release
The Comics Help auction, orgainized by Oni Press with help from Komikwerks and World Famous Comics, is now entering it's second week. Estimated first week totals are coming in at between $8,000 and $10,000, for what looks likely to be a three-week auction.
New items uploaded today include:
- Origin #1 signed by entire creative team – The highly sought after first chapter in Wolverine's history, Origin #1. This copy is signed by the entire creative team including, Paul Jenkins, Bill Jemas, Joe Quesada, Andy Kuber and Richard Isanove. Donated by Marvel Comics
- Simpsons Alfred E. Neuman German Mad Cover – Original line art for a German issue of Mad Magazine featuring Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie and Bart. Alfred E. Neuman looms large in the background disguised in a nuclear explosion.
- Red Star Red Foil Sketch edition – Red Foil, white cover edition of Red Star #6. Cover includes a sketch by series creator Christian Gossett.
- Nocturnals Polychrome sketch by Dan Brereton – 8 " x 11" watercolor and colored pencil sketch of Nocturnals character Polychrome by series creator Dan Brereton.
- Dreaming: Love Street part III script signed by Peter Hogan – Original script for DC Comics' The Dreaming – Love Street Part III. Script is signed by writer Peter Hogan.
- Double Page DC Heroes pin-up by Travis Moore – 24" x 19" inked pin-up featuring DCU characters including Superman, Bat-Man, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, The Atom, Auquaman, Bat-Girl, Nightwing, Robin, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Superboy, Huntress and others.
- Osmosis Jones drawing by Caroline Hu – Color pin-up of characters from the animated film Osmosis Jones by Caroline Hu.
- Blue Monday: Absolute Beginners #4 cover art – 11" x 17" inked illustration from the cover of Blue Monday: Absolute Beginners #4 by series creator Chynna Clugston-Major.
- Signed Superman baseball hat – 100% cotton hat with raised Superman emblem signed on the bill by DCU Executive Editor Mike Carlin. Donated by DC Comics.
- Superman Wedding signed variant – Fifth annual RRP Meeting gold foil edition of Superman Wedding Album signed by DCU Executive Editor Mike Carlin. Donated by DC Comics.
- Sandman #50 Gold Edition signed – Gold Edition of Sandman #50 signed by Vertigo and series editor Karen Berger. Donated by DC Comics.
- Superman and Batman computer print by Sean Song – Signed computer print by Justice League storyboard artist Sean Song
- Superman pin-up by Kevin Conrad – 11" x 17" inked pin-up by Kevin Conrad
- Preacher Specials signed by Ennis and Dillon – Preacher: The Story of You Know Who and Preacher: Cassidy: Blood and Whiskey both signed by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon
- Tokyo Pop manga pack – Gundam Wing Vol. I, Harlem Beat Vol. I, Parasyte Vol. 2 and Ice Blade Vol. I.
- Page 16 of JLA: Black Baptism penciled by Jesus Saiz and inked by Keith Champagne, featuring Wonder Woman and Green Lantern
- Drawing of Leopold Graven by Leland Myrick used on the cover of Sweet #5
- Pencil drawing of Captain America by Lee Ferguson
The Comics Help auction has been put together to benefit the Red Cross in their efforts to bring aid to the people affected by the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. It has been organized without notice of company lines or industry politics, as a sign of solidarity amongst comics professionals. People wishing to learn more about the auction can visit http://www.onipress.com/comicshelp or http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/comicshelp/. All auctions are being hosted by eBay.
Once again, we'd like to ask that there be no further pledges of items. While old pledges are still rolling in, we have reached our capacity for items we can handle.