Privacy Statement for Comic Book Resources
Boiling Point Productions, the parent company of Comic Book Resources, has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: Comic Book Resources (CBR).
IP Address Collection
The CBR Web site logs IP addresses for systems administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track a user's session. This gives CBR an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a users session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
Registration: when you register, CBR uses a cookie to store a unique, random user ID.
We do not store any personal information about you. We use this ID to identify you anonymously in our database and to track the pages you visit on our site. Cookies also enable you to enter CBR as a member without having to log on each time, and to visit
member-restricted areas of the sites. We encrypt the user ID for added security.
Ads: CBR's advertising system delivers a one-time cookie to better track ad impressions and click rates.
In addition to our directly sold advertising, we use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Registration Information Usage
Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name and email address) and demographic information (like their zip code or age). We use customer contact information from the registration form to contact the user for administrative purposes only (i.e. updating their passwords, sending log-in information. etc.). Users may also opt-in to receive future offers and mailiers from CBR. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Linking to outside content
This site contains links to other sites. CBR is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
This site makes chat rooms and message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We have gone to great efforts to ensure the security of this Web site and the server it resides on.
- NOT collect online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent
- NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent
- NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information with out prior parental consent
- NOT give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent
- NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity
- NOT condition a child's participation in an acitivity on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary for the activity.
The only personal information required of a registering user on the CBR Forums is their e-mail address. This is used only for their participation in the CBR Forums to receive e-mail notification of when a post or reply has been made to that individual user. This e-mail address is not given to third parties. When a user registers with the CBR Forums their individual IP address is collected as well. This information is only used to track that users session on the forums. Neither the e-mail address or IP address of a user under the age of 13 is disclosed to third-parties.
CBR does not currently, nor has any plans to, accept registrations from users under the age of 13.
If registration information is collected from a child under the age of 13, it will be deleted upon immediate notification by the legal guardian. Contact email@example.com to have the information removed.
CBR takes very seriously the needs of its users and the security of young viewers to the Web site. If you're a parent that has any concerns about our policies with regards to children, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
- You can send email to email@example.com
- You can register by visiting the following URL: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/register.php
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
5240 Lankershim Blvd., Suite 210, North Hollywood, CA 91601
- You can call the following telephone number: 323-306-0636
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
Boiling Point Productions
5240 Lankershim Blvd., Suite 210
North Hollywood, CA 91601